Kingston MobileLite G3 USB 3.0 Memory Card Reader Review

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Kingston recently released the third generation of its popular MobileLite portable card reader. The MobileLite G3 is a compact, multi-functional USB 3.0 card reader that supports SD/SDHC/SDXC, microSD/SDHC/SDXC and MSPD memory card formats. Read on to see how this memory card reader does when we put it to the test with the world's fastest microSDHC card that can run up to 95MB/s!

The Kingston MobileLite G3 memory card reader left us impressed by what this little device could do for under $20 shipped! If you have a computer that uses USB 3.0 and use a fast memory card then you really do need a memory card reader like this. Even if you don't have a fast memory card right now you might as well get a reader like this one as memory card speeds keep getting faster. We were able to run a really fast microSDHC card that was UHS-104 rated at 95MB/s read on the MobileLite G3 and that is pretty impressive...
Article Title: Kingston MobileLite G3 USB 3.0 Memory Card Reader Review
Article URL: http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1977/1/
Pricing At Time of Print: $11.74 plus shipping
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Kingston MobileLite G3 USB 3.0 Memory Card Reader Review

Post by Major_A »

A few years back I had a version of this from Rosewill. The thing only last a few months before it cratered. Since then I've bought a couple of the more traditional card readers. Every card I have can't max out the USB 2.0 bus so when I finally grab one of the newer UHS-I cards this will be a must have. I saw on a different site they ran this adapter with the other Kingston USB 3.0 card reader (traditional) and this one was noticeably faster. Just a quick question though. When you pull the cap back to expose the USB 3.0 plug does the other end come down as well or can you only open one at a time if you want?
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

The two end caps are totally seperate, so you can have either open or closed at any time even with memory cards in the reader. I actually put memory cards in the reader and then pull it back out to protect the cards a bit.

It's very hard to make out, but the USB 3.0 end is closed here and the other end is open.

Follow Me on Twitter!
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Major_A »

I see, thanks.
gwolfman
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by gwolfman »

What happened to the 4k QD32 results from CDM? Weird...

Thanks for the quick review, just ordered one. I hope it doesn't crap out in a few months like Major_A mentioned.
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

gwolfman wrote:What happened to the 4k QD32 results from CDM? Weird...

Thanks for the quick review, just ordered one. I hope it doesn't crap out in a few months like Major_A mentioned.
It has a 2-year warranty and it shouldn't crap out. Not much in there to go wrong.

The 4k QD32 results locked up on that microSD card for some reason. I think it was a benchmark issue on the software as it was just that benchmark.
Follow Me on Twitter!