Corsair Neutron 240GB SSD Review - Link_A_Media Controller

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

If, like us, you're ready for something fresh in the SSD market you're in for a treat. Corsair has launched their Neutron series of SSDs with a brand new controller from Link_A_Media Devices and the results of our benchmarks show it to be a serious competitor. Should the other drive makers be looking over their shoulder? Have a look to see what we have to say about it.

Corsair touts the Neutron 240GB drive as reaching max performance numbers of 555 MB/s reads and 370 MB/s writes which we found to be spot on for the ATTO benchmark and not far off on the other tests. Given that performance is not impacted by data compressibility, that's to be expected as well as solid performance numbers in the real world tests. We didn't spot anything amiss in any of the numbers and general usage of the drive in Windows yielded positive results with no hint of stuttering, lagging or BSOD's. TRIM and idle garbage collection seem to be working fine as well so no worries there. Overall, our first impressions are very positive.
Article Title: Corsair Neutron 240GB SSD Review - Link_A_Media Controller
Article URL: http://legitreviews.com/article/2025/1/
Pricing At Time of Print: $174.99 Shipped After Rebate
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Corsair Neutron 240GB SSD Review - Link_A_Media Controll

Post by Major_A »

To be fair Indilinx and SandForce at one point were unproven also. I doubt that a company like Corsair would ship a subpar product (knowingly). To boot the more controller manufacturers there are out there the better for us, the consumer.
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

yup, got to start some place. I am with you.. We need more competition as that helps the consumer big time.
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
FZ1

Post by FZ1 »

Major_A wrote:To be fair Indilinx and SandForce at one point were unproven also. I doubt that a company like Corsair would ship a subpar product (knowingly). To boot the more controller manufacturers there are out there the better for us, the consumer.
True, but when those controllers were relatively unproven, there weren't other already proven controllers available at the same or lesser price as alternatives for those not wanting to take the risk. It's something I felt compelled to point out although I am all for an increase in the number of available controllers - hence my comment "competition breeds excellence..."
Joe