Motorola Atrix Touch Screeen Not Working

A place to rant about politics, life, or just anything you damn well feel like telling others.
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Motorola Atrix Touch Screeen Not Working

Post by Apoptosis »

I've had my Motorola Atrix since the month they were released (Feb 22, 2011) and never had an issue with my phone.

Now just out of the blue the touch screen has a section that doesn't work. It makes pulling the drop down menu impossible and it's also right where the accept line is for installing or updating apps. To type a text I have to rotate the phone and use both keyboards to type as one section of the display doesn't work.

I downloaded the Touch Test App and it confirms one whole section is dead. This is what it looks like if I swipe from the bottom to the top of my phone without picking my finger up.
atrix.jpg
As you can see there is a gap and that section is dead the full width of the display. The qHD display on the Motorla Atrix appears to use a PenTile grid and one section of that grid is dead. The phone is still under warranty, so here goes nothing.

Posting this here to see if anyone else is having issues with their pentile display like I am.
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
pwcmed
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Motorola Atrix Touch Screeen Not Working

Post by pwcmed »

Funny, I was just thinking how well built this phone is. I have dropped this from my attic space onto the cement floor and no damage. I went running and didn't put in the armband correctly and it flew out on to the asphalt and only got minor damage. The 3.5mm headphone jack did stop working after I got sweat and water in it. The stock OS is a different story. So much happier after I loaded CM7.

Just ran that app without any issues. I doubt this will help but have you tried a factory reset?
m4rcocruz
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by m4rcocruz »

I just went to my movil company, (telcel mexico) with the same problem in my Motorola Atrix, the middle of my touch screen has a similar damage!.. they told me it will be send to motorola to fix it and will get it back in natural 12 days. I wondering if they will change the touch screen or is it reprograming?
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

not sure, but mine was replaced under warranty and the new one is fine.

From what I was told a section of my pintile display went bad and the display needed to be replaced.
Follow Me on Twitter!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Well the replacement phone pentile display has broken as well. This time it's worse as 5 vertical rows in the middle of the phone are dead. Guess what... It won't slide to unlock now, so I am locked out.
bad-display.jpg
bad-display.jpg (197.05 KiB) Viewed 7895 times
Follow Me on Twitter!
vbironchef
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by vbironchef »

Is the phone breaking by itself or are you giving it a little help. :lol: Time for a new phone!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

vbironchef wrote:Is the phone breaking by itself or are you giving it a little help. :lol: Time for a new phone!
Nah, no scratches on the screen or anything. I looked on Craigslist locally to see if I could find a broken one with a good screen and two were being sold with this exact issue in my city. oh well... Replacement screens are $40 on ebay, might buy one and try to sell it for $100 (going price on ebay for worldwide).
Follow Me on Twitter!
vbironchef
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by vbironchef »

What are you going to get as a replacement?