Logitech Zone Touch T400 Wireless Mouse for Windows 8 Review

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

The Logitech Zone Touch Mouse T400 goes beyond traditional mouse functionality by letting you quickly and easily access popular elements of the Windows 8 operating system. It features a glass touch-surface that is designed for smooth horizontal and vertical scrolling with your fingers, and you can click anywhere on the front of the touch zone to go directly to the Windows 8 Start Screen to access your favorite apps. Read on to find out more about this sub $45 mouse for Windows 8!

After using the Logitech Zone Touch T400 wireless mouse on the Asus Zenbook Prime with Windows 8 we found that it was easy to get used to and did help with Windows 8 navigation. The thought of not having a physical scroll wheel may be daunting to some, but we quickly adapted to how the touch zone scrolling works. The Logitech SetPoint software is key to making this work and feel right to users and Logitech has done a great job...
Article Title: Logitech Zone Touch T400 Wireless Mouse for Windows 8 Review
Article URL: http://www.legitreviews.com/article/2075/1/
Pricing At Time of Print: $44.85 shipped
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Logitech Zone Touch T400 Wireless Mouse for Windows 8 Re

Post by Major_A »

I have recently come to the conclusion that I can't use a mouse that doesn't have a thumb back button. As much as I use it I feel lost without having one. On a positive note I say good riddance to the scroll wheel. Seems like those are the 1st thing to always go out on a mouse.
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Not having a back button was a bit odd at first, but being able to use the flick left or right gesture on the touch area works great and feels more natural.

One thing I didn't get into in this review is gaming. This isn't a gaming mouse, but I noticed right away that gesture mice and games don't mix well yet. Most game developers haven't coded games for gesture input devices, but it is coming.
Follow Me on Twitter!
lamsonk
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by lamsonk »

I'm really interested in this mouse, but need the ability to set the middle 'touch zone' physical button click to middle mouse button instead of the 'start menu' function. Is this possible with the Setpoint software? I'm encouraged to see that you can program the 3 physical buttons, but haven't been able to find much information. Your review seems to indicate that it's possible but the middle button may be limited. Hopefully middle mouse click is one of the limited options...
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

The only middle click options in the setpoint software are shown below. I have mine set to where the back of the touch zone is for middle button use.
middle-click.png
Follow Me on Twitter!
lamsonk
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by lamsonk »

That's what I needed to know; thanks.