Patriot Gauntlet 320 Wireless Portable Drive Review

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

It's time to buy a new tablet device. Do you get the lesser capacity model and save some money but forgo extra storage or pay premium prices for a little bit more? Now there's a third option offered by Patriot with their Gauntlet 320 - a portable 320GB drive that can wirelessly serve up photos, videos and documents to up to eight iOS, Android, or Kindle devices.

With the popularity of smart phones and tablets, the need expanded storage to house numerous large media files has increased. A big problem is, many tablets and phones (Apple devices in particular) lack the functionality to add additional capacity via media cards, etc. and upgrading to larger capacities is very expensive as compared to adding external storage. This leaves many buyers in a quandary of spending less and hoping they don't need the space, or splurging for the larger capacity models with a premium price tag. Patriot has recognized this dilemma and decided to answer the knock of opportunity by designing a device to give consumers another option. The Patriot Gauntlet 320 wireless portable drive allows users of iOS, Android, and Kindle Fire to access content stored on the drive wirelessly through an app that can be downloaded for free.
Article Title: Patriot Gauntlet 320 Wireless Portable Drive Review
Article URL: http://legitreviews.com/article/2091/1/
Pricing At Time of Print: $149.99 shipped
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Patriot Gauntlet 320 Wireless Portable Drive Review

Post by Major_A »

How heavy is this item? Seems like the ideal setup is to carry it in your pocket so you can quickly access your bigger files. Could you put this in your back pocket and forget it's there? I like the concept but in the future they should make it much smaller with NAND. Sure the cost goes up but the usability goes up exponentially too.
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Major_A wrote:How heavy is this item? Seems like the ideal setup is to carry it in your pocket so you can quickly access your bigger files. Could you put this in your back pocket and forget it's there? I like the concept but in the future they should make it much smaller with NAND. Sure the cost goes up but the usability goes up exponentially too.

182.5 grams or 0.4 pounds. Should fit in your pocket, but you'd know it is there.
Follow Me on Twitter!
FZ1

Post by FZ1 »

Major_A wrote:How heavy is this item? Seems like the ideal setup is to carry it in your pocket so you can quickly access your bigger files. Could you put this in your back pocket and forget it's there? I like the concept but in the future they should make it much smaller with NAND. Sure the cost goes up but the usability goes up exponentially too.
It's not really something you would shove in your pocket. Kingston has a Wi-Drive that is NAND based and smaller but also lacks the capacity of the Gauntlet. You are trading size for storage/cost.
Joe
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

yup, but Kingston just upgraded the Wi-Drive to 128GB - http://www.legitreviews.com/news/14711/
Follow Me on Twitter!
FZ1

Post by FZ1 »

Right, but 1/2 the capacity and more expensive. It's a tradeoff depending on your needs. For me, I'd go with the Kingston 32GB because I would never need more than that.

I actually did drop an SSD in the Gauntlet :)
Joe