Prolimatech Magnetic Pin Fan Mount Review

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

The Promlimatech Magnetic Pin is a unique rubber pin that magnetically attaches your system fan to your case. The embedded magnets are what make this product so unique, because it allows you quickly install and remove your fans, with no screwdriver needed! Read on to see how they work and if they are worth the cost!

The Prolimatech Magnetic Fan Pins make it super easy to install, adjust, and remove your system fans without having to mess with screws. This is a great idea and something that will really come in handy for cleaning fan filters and your fan blades on clear fans. Obviously these won't work on plastic or aluminum cases, but for steel chassis they were found to work great. Just make sure that the fans that you plan on using these with do not have the plastic fan screw column. If you have a steel case and no plastic columns on your fans, then you should be good to go.
Article Title: Prolimatech Magnetic Pin Fan Mount Review
Article URL: http://www.legitreviews.com/article/2099/1/
Pricing At Time of Print: $3.99 plus shipping
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
Kaos Kid
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Prolimatech Magnetic Pin Fan Mount Review

Post by Kaos Kid »

I like the idea, easily moving fans to where you need them. The main variable here is how durable the rubber is. I've worked on computers for people that had the rubber stems holding the fan to the case, and after a few years you take the chance of the rubber stem degrading enough to rip in two. If these will last 5 years they are worth it.
I have come to the conclusion that "FaceBook" should be renamed "FacePalm" :roll:
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Major_A »

Well someone finally took my idea I've had for a long time and finally put it into practice.
http://forums.legitreviews.com/about32536.html

*EDIT*
Where are my manners? Merry Christmas everyone.
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Major_A wrote:Well someone finally took my idea I've had for a long time and finally put it into practice.
http://forums.legitreviews.com/about32536.html

*EDIT*
Where are my manners? Merry Christmas everyone.
Did you have this idea years ago? Did you email it to them?
Follow Me on Twitter!
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Major_A »

Yeah I thought about this years ago but never did anything with the idea. Plus my idea was more about mounting the magnets to the fan body itself.
Otterclock
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by Otterclock »

It's nice to see a review of something like this that few sites would consider covering. These pins really are handy for people who are constantly experimenting with fan placement, and they're a product easily overlooked or unheard of unless you go searching for it. The best reviews are often of things we may never have heard of otherwise. My only concern is the small gap they leave, but it's not an issue in all locations and easily rectified.
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Otterclock wrote:It's nice to see a review of something like this that few sites would consider covering. These pins really are handy for people who are constantly experimenting with fan placement, and they're a product easily overlooked or unheard of unless you go searching for it. The best reviews are often of things we may never have heard of otherwise. My only concern is the small gap they leave, but it's not an issue in all locations and easily rectified.
Well spoken and glad you enjoyed it!
Follow Me on Twitter!