AMD A10-6800K and A10-6700 Richland APU Reviews

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Last week, Intel released 4th Generation Core "Haswell" processors and this week we have AMD releasing the company's 3rd generation of APUs, known as "Richland." AMD "Richland" APUs are said to bring 20-40 percent performance increases over the previous generation of AMD A-Series "Trinity" APUs, so AMD fans have been waiting months for this day to come. Read on to see how the AMD A10-6800K and A10-6700 perform!

When it comes to pricing the AMD A10-6700 and AMD A10-6800K both run $142. That is a very reasonable price for what you get. The AMD FM2 platform is also reasonably priced as you can pick up a quality brand name AMD A85X chipset powered ATX motherboard like the Gigabyte GA-F2A85X-D3H for $76.49 shipped. The last key ingredient is the 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 2133MHz 1.5V memory kit and that runs as low as $68.99 shipped. So, to build a system like this you are looking at $287.48 shipped without messing with any rebates. The Intel Core i7-4770K processor runs $349.99 shipped before motherboard and memory costs.
Article Title: AMD A10-6800K and A10-6700 Richland APU Reviews
Article URL: http://www.legitreviews.com/article/2209/1/
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Re: AMD A10-6800K and A10-6700 Richland APU Reviews

Post by bubba »

I like my A10-5800K, wallet screamed a little when I looked at building a new Intel box.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
-Thomas Jefferson
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

bubba wrote:I like my A10-5800K, wallet screamed a little when I looked at building a new Intel box.
yeah, the A10-5800K is a solid little chip. Nice performance gains with faster memory too:

Follow Me on Twitter!
Thunder350
Legit User
Legit User

Post by Thunder350 »

Except for the integrated graphics performance, I'm disappointed in AMD's latest chip yet again. AMD hasn't given Intel any competition in years, and this is still the case. I wish they would become competitive again and start another price war. Deliver a win-win for the consumers.
Zinn2b
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by Zinn2b »

Ya Amds little APU is pretty good. Intels GT3e 5200pro is alot better tho and alot more money! But I am hoping Some M/B maker brings a nice M/B to market with the 4770R onboard I reallly want one I don't care about money . I old retired and debt free .. I own A GTR USMTS mod race care That my son drives . It cost $90 a night for fuel about 33 laps 1 right rear tire a night $115 and a left rear tire every 2 nights another$115. The car with 2 engines cost around $60,000 So to me these highend gamers are cheap. My personnal gamer uses a highly modded lian li Pc X2000F With my custom built reservoir using the crappy tnk-501 koolance and modded using another koolance reservoir is best made after fixing koolances horrid tnk-501 and its modded further built custom face plate that also includes Lampton FC9 Fan /pump controller. case is custom painted and airbrushed. I built 20 of these . My personal gamer without hardware just the stuff a mentioned along with customm built window and front grill and grill for fan on the opposit side of the reservvoir to keep pumps and fan/pump controller cool . Just the case comes to 5 grand. Some of the pro ball players I sell these to even cost more . depending on the air art they choose most are all about self LOL. I have 1 left and thats I am giving to my grandson on his 7th birthday next month. Than I bring out a completely custom built case That put my present one to shame with 3 flow control valves and an unnamed single pump. THese will be my last big cases so I going all out as these things are soon to go way of dodo bird. I included this info just to show Price is subjective and should be taken only from perspective. I clearly recall AMDs prices pre 2006 Conroe lowered those pricies.IF AMDs 2014 chip beats Intels They will price them higher. Best part Intel will not lower theirs same as the P4 AMD 64 days . Than I want to hear the fat lady sing. But I don't think and its my opion only that AMD can match intel . For the last 3 years I heard All the raving about AMD and Open CL . Look who leads in open CL Intel . Intel allso has a sharred memory pool with hasswel AVX2 ect ect ect . You want the best you have to pay the piper. Look at Computex 2013 . Most sites are ignoring as its all intel haswelll and Atom with 2 in 1 . Clovertrail has one many design wins even tho its slower than temesh by alot yet temesh has few design wins Intel is selling these things cheap they get great power usage and in that market thats what matters . Baytrail will be for sell in tablets / UB/ 2&1s before turkey day and ready to be wrapped for xmas. Richland is a nice cpu but its to litte to late and thats just the ugly truth.
Turtle 1 banned accused of being Zinn2b.

THE THREAT! I am going to tie your socks in a knott.
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Thunder350 wrote:I wish they would become competitive again and start another price war. Deliver a win-win for the consumers.
With the AMD A10-6800K costing $142 SRP that is pretty aggressive on the price. Amazon has it for $149.99 shipped right now and it comes with a $40 game title. I don't think that price is that bad for what you get! The AMD A10-5800K runs $127 shipped, so in the months ahead I can easily see the A10-6800K Richland APU selling for $130.
Follow Me on Twitter!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Zinn2b wrote:Ya Amds little APU is pretty good. Intels GT3e 5200pro is alot better tho and alot more money! But I am hoping Some M/B maker brings a nice M/B to market with the 4770R onboard I reallly want one I don't care about money . I old retired and debt free .. I own A GTR USMTS mod race care That my son drives . It cost $90 a night for fuel about 33 laps 1 right rear tire a night $115 and a left rear tire every 2 nights another$115. The car with 2 engines cost around $60,000 So to me these highend gamers are cheap. My personnal gamer uses a highly modded lian li Pc X2000F With my custom built reservoir using the crappy tnk-501 koolance and modded using another koolance reservoir is best made after fixing koolances horrid tnk-501 and its modded further built custom face plate that also includes Lampton FC9 Fan /pump controller. case is custom painted and airbrushed. I built 20 of these . My personal gamer without hardware just the stuff a mentioned along with customm built window and front grill and grill for fan on the opposit side of the reservvoir to keep pumps and fan/pump controller cool . Just the case comes to 5 grand. Some of the pro ball players I sell these to even cost more . depending on the air art they choose most are all about self LOL. I have 1 left and thats I am giving to my grandson on his 7th birthday next month. Than I bring out a completely custom built case That put my present one to shame with 3 flow control valves and an unnamed single pump. THese will be my last big cases so I going all out as these things are soon to go way of dodo bird. I included this info just to show Price is subjective and should be taken only from perspective. I clearly recall AMDs prices pre 2006 Conroe lowered those pricies.IF AMDs 2014 chip beats Intels They will price them higher. Best part Intel will not lower theirs same as the P4 AMD 64 days . Than I want to hear the fat lady sing. But I don't think and its my opion only that AMD can match intel . For the last 3 years I heard All the raving about AMD and Open CL . Look who leads in open CL Intel . Intel allso has a sharred memory pool with hasswel AVX2 ect ect ect . You want the best you have to pay the piper. Look at Computex 2013 . Most sites are ignoring as its all intel haswelll and Atom with 2 in 1 . Clovertrail has one many design wins even tho its slower than temesh by alot yet temesh has few design wins Intel is selling these things cheap they get great power usage and in that market thats what matters . Baytrail will be for sell in tablets / UB/ 2&1s before turkey day and ready to be wrapped for xmas. Richland is a nice cpu but its to litte to late and thats just the ugly truth.
yup, if budget is not an issue and you are building a gaming PC then Intel is the way to go as you can load it up with discrete GPUs with their more powerful/expensive PCs. This is aimed at the mainstream market though, so the question is... Where does an APU fit and when should one cross over to a 4th Generation Intel Core 'Haswell' processor?
Follow Me on Twitter!
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by bubba »

Non-tech type will go to store, see the Ghz sticker, see that the AMD system cost less, take it home and be happy it was faster than the 5 year old system they just replaced. Same goes for businesses. If it will get the job done, and be cheaper, guess who wins, AMD. Now tech types that want special built machines with horsepower in mind, and users that always live on the bleeding edge... Intel wins.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
-Thomas Jefferson
sgkean
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by sgkean »

I still recommend AMD systems to people on a budget. AMD systems while they don't typically run as smoothly as an Intel, the price difference makes that difference very minimal for non-techs, enthusiasts or heavy gamers. To be honest, the only reason I switched over to an Intel chip was the performance in encoding video's. It went from 1 hour on my AMD 1090T to about 20 minutes on the 3570K. Granted maybe the newer AMD chips would be better, but unless I can test it myself, it's hard to justify the switch back to AMD. I was able to use an i5 system from work to test the encoding before I made the switch.

Of course, as an enterprise, we are finally looking at AMD based desktops from HP and Lenovo. Older chips though, can't wait to get offered Richland procs.
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Major_A »

The sad fact is most non-tech people think AMD is junk and Intel is end-all-be-all. I've recommended AMD to several people and they respond with either "who is that?" or "Intel is the best, right?". I know that AMD doesn't have the marketing budget that Intel has but if I were them I would be trying my *** off to get the brand out.
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

bubba wrote:Non-tech type will go to store, see the Ghz sticker, see that the AMD system cost less, take it home and be happy it was faster than the 5 year old system they just replaced. Same goes for businesses. If it will get the job done, and be cheaper, guess who wins, AMD. Now tech types that want special built machines with horsepower in mind, and users that always live on the bleeding edge... Intel wins.
And, overclocking wasn't half bad... 4700MHz on stock cooler all day long is not an issue on my chip. 4800Mhz or above you need to run 1.45V or higher to get it stable and then you need some beefed up cooling, but that is reasonable as you are running at nearly 5GHz on air. Funny how a 3-5 years ago that was impressive and now it's no big deal... :rolleyes:
Follow Me on Twitter!
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by bubba »

LOL not may non tech type will OC, but I get what you're saying.
-Thomas Jefferson