Sandisk Extreme microSDXC UHS-I 64GB Memory Card Review

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

The SanDisk Extreme microSDXC UHS-I memory card series are said to be the perfect companion for your smartphone, tablet and cameras. With read speeds of up to 80MB/s and write speeds of up to 50 MB/s the 64GB card also just happens to be the fastest 64GB microSDXC card available. Read on to see how this memory card performs when we test it out on a PC with a USB 3.0 card reader and on our Samsung Galaxy S4 smartphone!

At the end of the day the SanDisk 64GB Extreme microSDXC memory card was found to be to be the fastest 64GB microSDXC card that we have ever tested and is ready for the future. If you want a memory card that can handle cameras with continuous burst mode and deliver Full HD5 and even 4K HD video recording and playback, look no further. We just need more smartphones and tablets than can fully utilize all this memory bandwidth...

Article Title: Sandisk Extreme microSDXC UHS-I 64GB Memory Card Review
Article URL: http://www.legitreviews.com/article/2232/1/
Pricing At Time of Print: $102.22 Shipped
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
gwolfman
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Sandisk Extreme microSDXC UHS-I 64GB Memory Card Review

Post by gwolfman »

Thanks for the review, was thinking about getting this but can clearly see it won't do squat in my phone. Btw, you should try testing these out in a camera with burst mode to see where/when you hit the burst limit.
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

gwolfman wrote:Thanks for the review, was thinking about getting this but can clearly see it won't do squat in my phone. Btw, you should try testing these out in a camera with burst mode to see where/when you hit the burst limit.
Got any examples of sites doing that? Curious how they got it set up and typo fixed.
Follow Me on Twitter!
sgkean
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by sgkean »

I use burst mode all the time on my T4i, love that function. Had to play with the settings a bit in order to get it set to where the delay didn't get to be too long after the 10th or 15th picture lol Think last time I was up to around 39 pictures before the delay hit.

Edit: I have seen people do burst tests, but that is usually done on the camera itself, and not the memory card. I'll check around to see if I can find the reviews I was reading on the T4i before I bought it. I know one of them had a burst mode portion of the review. Used a stop watch so they could see the difference in the MS as it was taking pictures, then put it into a video with a pause where they could see the time delay increase.
KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

LOL I just asked this same thing in the announcement thread :)

I have a t3i with the uhs-i 45mb/s card in it from Sandisk and was curious if there would be a noticeable difference or if the camera would bottleneck the card.

What settings do you use for the burst mode testing? I have tried a bunch of different things but never get the same rate of pictures as in those videos.
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
sgkean
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by sgkean »

Well sadly Canon camera's don't use the UHS-I bus speed from what I read.

As for the settings, biggest thing was adjusting the iso and resolution down a little. I just took it into Manual mode and played with the settings for an hour or so to get used to them. Still not the best at taking pictures, but I'm trying lol A friend that got the same camera when I got mine is a lot better at it than me but he takes tons of pictures of the kids playing baseball, I don't lol
rdhma
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by rdhma »

The review doesn't specify which version of the Galaxy S4 was used. Apparently the i9500 Octa version does support UHS-I, the I9505 Quad core does not.
With a benchmarked write of 13.21 MB/s and read of 11.53 MB/s for the Sandisk Extreme microSDXC, there is no speed advantage over the much cheaper Sandisk Ultra card for most phones.
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

I used the North American version, so the I9505 Quad core:
Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 APQ8064T (Quad core, 1900 MHz, Krait 300)
Adreno 320 GPU
2048 MB RAM
16 GB Storage
Both phones support and work fine with UHS-I cards, but not sure if the i9500 Octa version with the ARM Big.Little CPU configuration performs faster on the external SD bus.
Follow Me on Twitter!
acemanx
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by acemanx »

This, the fastest 64GB microSD card in the world, will be the best companion to the fastest most advanced phone in the world coming in October...the Note 3.