Galaxy GeForce GTX 780 GC Video Card Review

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Galaxy Microsystems announced the GeForce GTX 780 GC this week and we have a review of it up for you today! This is the first custom NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 design from Galaxy and it features better components, a custom GPU cooler and the Kepler GPU has been factory overclocked. Read on to find out how this "Galaxy Clocked" card performs and to see if we can push the overclock even higher!

At the end of the day, the Galaxy GeForce GTX 780 GC is a welcomed addition to the Galaxy lineup and a worthy successor to the old Galaxy GeForce GTX 780 that was based entirely on the NVIDIA reference design. Our testing showed that the Galaxy GeForce GTX 780 GC had better gaming performance, ran quieter and had better thermal performance than the reference design, so this card looks good...
Article Title: Galaxy GeForce GTX 780 GC Video Card Review
Article URL: http://www.legitreviews.com/article/2238/1/
Pricing At Time of Print: $659.99 Shipped
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Galaxy GeForce GTX 780 GC Video Card Review

Post by Major_A »

This seems like the only card I've seen where the heatsink fins have copper along with the copper base and heatpipes. Nice card but Galaxy ticked me off in the past so I'll skip the brand and go with one I've dealt with (EVGA).
sbohdan
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Galaxy GeForce GTX 780 GC Video Card Review

Post by sbohdan »

Not bad but if we compare price/performance, the 2 x GTX760 SLI can be had for about $500 and is faster than this. The only drawback would be power usage, which is almost 100W more...
Main rig: NZXT Phantom modded case with Danger Den WC, Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite, Ryzen 5800X @ stock, 32GB Patriot Viper DDR4 3200Mhz 16-18-18-36-1T, AMD RX 5700XT + AlphaCool WC, ACER Nitro XV2 27", SP 1TB nvme PCiE GEN3, Samsung 2TB; Cooler Master MW Gold 650W, Win10 Pro 64
my complete GFX tuneup & cooling mod: http://forums.legitreviews.com/viewtopi ... highlight=