GIGABYTE Z87X-OC Force Overclocking Motherboard Review

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Being one of the top tier manufacturers of computer parts, GIGABYTE isn't a new comer to the performance and overclocking scene. Today we have the latest entry from their OC Series of motherboards. It started with the X58A-OC a few years ago, and now we are on the Intel Z87 platform with the Z87X-OC Force! First glance at the board and specifications look promising! Will it hold true to first impressions? Read on to find out!

When it comes to the performance of he GIGABYTE Z87X-OC Force Intel Z87 motherboard, it was right on track with our other Z87 boards. Ultimately though, the GIGABYTE Z87X-OC isn't designed for use at stock speeds. The GIGABYTE Z87X-OC Force is meant for those that like to push their processor to the limits with Liquid Nitrogen (LN2) over and over. That's where the GIGABYTE Z87X-OC Force will shine...
Article Title: GIGABYTE Z87X-OC Force Overclocking Motherboard Review
Article URL: http://legitreviews.com/article/2231/1/
Pricing At Time of Print: $409.78 shipped
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: GIGABYTE Z87X-OC Force Overclocking Motherboard Review

Post by Major_A »

1) The feature set and included accessories.
2) The newish looking overclocking software.
3) The old dunk the radiator in an Igloo of ice water!

No bueno:
1) The color scheme. Black and orange aren't the best complementary colors.
2) Chipset fans. Every board I've owned with a chipset fan it has died pretty quick. Then it's a scramble to find something to work.
3) Gigabyte's software. Comparing it to ASUS or even ASRock at this point, Gigabyte's software is looking old.

Great review and I laugh every time I see you dunking the rad in some ice water.