ECS Z87H3-A2X Extreme Motherboard Review

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Today we have the pleasure of looking at one of the latest Intel Z87 motherboards from ECS! The ECS Z87H3-A2X Extreme motherboard has a ton of features and a ton of potential! It's jam packed with dual Gigabit LAN, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and much more! We're going to throw on our Intel Core i7-4770K and fire it up and see how it performs! Let us know what you think!

Overall I was happy with the performance and user experience with the ECS Gank Machine Z87H3-A2X Extreme motherboard. Right now you can pick up the ECS Z87H3-A2X Extreme for as little as $239.99 which certainly isn't the highest cost motherboard to come across the Legit Reviews bench, nor is it the lowest cost. Overall I didn't have any issues with the ECS Z87H3-A2X Extreme Z87 motherboard at the settings we used for testing today. It wasn't until I started working on the overclocking that it got a little tricky.
Article Title: ECS Z87H3-A2X Extreme Motherboard Review
Article URL: http://www.legitreviews.com/ecs-z87h3-a ... eview_2237
Pricing At Time of Print: $239.99 shipped
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: ECS Z87H3-A2X Extreme Motherboard Review

Post by Major_A »

ECS + $239.99 = No chance in Hell.

Maybe this is a regional thing but growing up in Houston gank meant to steal something.
sgkean
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by sgkean »

Yea, it's a bit pricey for what I would pay for an ECS board. I've had several in the past and had good luck with them, but not one at this price. I'd rather spend that amount on a board by ASUS, Gigabyte, MSI, etc. Those that are known for their high quality boards. Of course some will get it and hopefully have good luck. Maybe ECS will become a big player in the gamer/enthusiast market...
Kaos Kid
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Kaos Kid »

Code: Select all

It wasn't until I started working on the overclocking that it got a little tricky.
That doesn't bode well for gamers and enthusiasts with that kind of cash to spend. I know if I'm spending that much I'd expect to be able to take a cpu and memory to their limits and not have to worry about the board capping them early.
I have come to the conclusion that "FaceBook" should be renamed "FacePalm" :roll:
Hood
Legit User
Legit User

Post by Hood »

Calling a motherboard a "Gank Machine" is the kiss of death as far as I'm concerned. Are they marketing this to teenage wannabe gangsters? If so, it wouldn't be considered cool unless you "ganked" it, anyone who paid for one would be laughed outa da hood. Seriously, though - the only ganking here is the $240 price tag. ECS is infamous for making crappy boards with buggy firmware & software. Their marketing boys are running a desperate attempt to make this board trendy and hip in the hope that they can avoid corporate extinction in the upcoming "market adjustments". Just sad, really.