Corsair Hydro Series H100i Extreme Performance CPU Cooler Re

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Corsair Hydro Series H100i Extreme Performance CPU Cooler Re

Post by Apoptosis »

Corsair’s Hydro Series H100i Extreme Performance CPU cooler has been on the market for some time now. It actually has quite the positive reputation amongst enthusiasts, but most of these tests are against previous generation Intel CPU’s. Today we’ll take a look at the H100i and put it to the test on a 4th Generation Intel Core-i7 4770k processor and see how well it can tame the somewhat high temperatures that we have seen with Haswell on the retail boxed HSF.

Corsair’s Hydro Series Extreme Performance H100i CPU Cooler was great to work with. There isn’t really much to stay about it aesthetically, but the build quality and materials used were great. Installation was made very easy, and we had no pinching hoses due to the low permeability tubing used and leaks were non-existent. The added LED system on the water block itself may be gimmicky for some, but I think it was a very nice added feature. Knowing that I’m able to program it to change colors based on temperature is pretty cool...
Article Title: Corsair Hydro Series H100i Extreme Performance CPU Cooler Review
Article URL: http://www.legitreviews.com/corsair-hyd ... iew_124024
Pricing At Time of Print: $99.99 Shipped
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
Kaos Kid
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Corsair Hydro Series H100i Extreme Performance CPU Coole

Post by Kaos Kid »

Nice! I REALLY like the 5 year warranty, peace of mind is important to me. I had a set of Corsair DDR3 memory sticks where one went bad, and Corsair had a new set at my door in a about 10 days, no problems with the replacement and downtime was reasonable, considering we didn't cross-ship and they did a prepaid RMA for me through FEDEX.

I have this case Fractal Design Core3000 USB3 which is a mid-tower ATX compared to your full-tower but it also has room for 2 x 120/140mm fans in the top. Do you think it would fit my sibling case as nicely as yours? I was going to use a monster air cooler with it but have been jonesing for a water cooler ever since I retired my old A7n8x Deluxe w/ TT Aquarius II >>> Aquarius III system =P~ (a closed system water cooler would make more sense since it is going in my living room it would be quieter I'm sure)

Thanks for the comprehensive review Brian, I saw this a while back and wondered just how well they stood up to the competition.
Last edited by Kaos Kid on Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I have come to the conclusion that "FaceBook" should be renamed "FacePalm" :roll:
OP06D
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by OP06D »

I have this cooler on my Intel Core i7 3770K based system I run a a very mild overclock of 3901.4, basically constant turbo mode. My temps at idle are around 35C. I don't use the included software, seems like useless bloatware in my opinion. I use two Corsair SP120 High Performance Edition Fans at full speed (2280 rpm) instead of the included fans and I do not find them noisy at all. I have this cooler setup in a modified push/pull. The Corsair fans attached to the bottom of the radiator (push) and I use the top two fans on my HAF X case as pulls. I find this a better choice that fooling with software to turn the stock fan rpm down. I use AID64 to monitor temps and fan speed. I think this is a great product and overall I am very happy with my setup and would recommend this product to anyone.
Ricco
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by Ricco »

Are there any options for connecting 3-pin connector, which comes from the pump block, somewhere except cpu-fan header for the cleaner look of the build? Thing is that most motherboards have cpu-fan header under the cpu (closer to the middle of the mobo), which may spoil some aesthetic part of the build. Have you seen any options?