Be Quiet! Pure Power L8 700W Power Supply Review

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Be Quiet! Pure Power L8 700W Power Supply Review

Post by Apoptosis »

Be Quiet! is an European company which, despite the strange name, is a very well-known manufacturer amongst enthusiasts, mostly for their high quality (and notoriously expensive) power supply units. We had an encounter with their very impressive Dark Power Pro 10 series a few months ago; however, impressive as it was, the price tag of such a power supply would certainly drive the vast majority of users away. Today we will be having a look at the least expensive PSU series currently offers, the Pure Power L8.

Article Title: Be Quiet! Pure Power L8 700W Power Supply Review
Article URL: http://www.legitreviews.com/quiet-pure- ... iew_126029
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Be Quiet! Pure Power L8 700W Power Supply Review

Post by Major_A »

LOL at the 5 zip ties. I can use 5 zip ties on one cable. I guess this isn't as bad as case manufacturers though that give you 4-5 for wiring an entire case.
Legit Bottom Line: The Be Quiet! Pure Power L8 700 W certainly is a very good product, well made and offering excellent performance. If the retail price however is not on par with other similar products at the time of its release, the newcomer into the US market will be facing impossible odds against competition.
Is this a Be Quiet! issue or an "in general" conclusion?
sgkean
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Re: Be Quiet! Pure Power L8 700W Power Supply Review

Post by sgkean »

My guess is that it's an "in general" statement.

If the Be Quiet! power supply was $15+ more than a Corsair, PC Power and Cooling, Thermaltake, etc. Which would you go with? Most would go with a more well known company if it was cheaper, rather than taking a chance on a new unproven company...

Just my guess anyways :)