Phanteks PH-TC12DX CPU Cooler Review

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Phanteks PH-TC12DX CPU Cooler Review

Post by Apoptosis »

Phanteks is a fairly new company that was founded in 2007 by engineers and a Dutch design team. They first came to fame with their PH-TC14PE cooler. Since then, they have diversified by developing a case, fans, and several other CPU coolers. Today, they have sent over the PH-TC12DX the little brother to the PH-TC14PE. This cooler is based on the tower design, with four heatpipes, dual 120mm fans and a universal mounting system. Read on to see how it performs!

Article Title: Phanteks PH-TC12DX CPU Cooler Review
Article URL: http://www.legitreviews.com/phanteks-ph ... iew_124637
Pricing At Time of Print: $49.99 shipped
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Phanteks PH-TC12DX CPU Cooler Review

Post by Major_A »

The only issue that I encountered when installing the TC12DX was attaching the cooler to the support brackets. The instructions say to tighten the screws until they stop; which is good advice to make sure they are on securely. However, when I was trying to attach the cooler to the brackets, it wouldn’t line up properly. I loosened two of the support bracket screws, and was then able to secure the cooler to the brackets. Afterwards, I could tighten the screws on the support bracket to complete the installation.
Same issue I ran into a couple weeks ago when I installed the Phanteks PH-TC14PE. What I ended up doing was pushing the retention bracket like a man possessed until the screw lined up and I was able to tighten it down. Your method sounds a lot better for the surrounding hardware.
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by bubba »

My experience with the bracket hardware like that used on the Phanteks and Noctua coolers use the cooler side cross bar to check the gap between the two board side mounts. Saves a lot of headaches fighting the alignment with the cooler in the mix when mounting to the "in-between" sockets like 115x socket. There is some play in the alignment, not so much for the min/max sockets like 755 and 1366/2011.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
-Thomas Jefferson
DJ Tucker
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by DJ Tucker »

Have to say this is a nice cpu cooler and very tempted to get it over my current one.
MSI Z590 Gaming Edge Wifi
Core i7 10700KF 5Ghz @ 1.25v With Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora Edge
Gigabyte RTX 2080 Super 1980Mhz @ 0.925v With TechN GPU Block
32Gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3600Mhz 16-18-18-38
Aqua Computer Ultitube 200 Pro D5 Next
Corsair XR5 240mm x2 & 360mm
Intel 670p 2Tb & WD Blue M.2 2Tb
Corsair HX1000i
Philips Momentum 3000 24" (Main) & MSI Optix G241V E2 (Second)
Lian Li O11D
Roccat Vulcan 120 Aimo, Roccat Kone Aimo Remastered and Roccat Sym Pro Air
Alec20
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by Alec20 »

Thanx for sharing this nice post.I am really impresed from this and information also.