question about dell 2407 wfp monitor

This is the place to discuss the latest computer hardware issues and technology. Please keep the discussion ON TOPIC!
vbironchef
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

question about dell 2407 wfp monitor

Post by vbironchef »

having issues with connecting to my tv and monitor at the same time. If I disconnect the cable going to my tv, my computer will boot just fine. When connected, my monitor will not work. I went to the dell site and looked up new drivers and found that the monitor only supports xp and vista. I am running windows 7 64bit. Are there work a rounds or should I just leave my cable unplugged to my gtx570 GC until my computer and monitor boot up? Thanks in advance.

First post in a couple of years I think since I stopped F@H. Saving a ton of money on electricity and the expense of trying to keep up with the latest and greatest just for a few extra points. victor/natasha
vbironchef
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: question about dell 2407 wfp monitor

Post by vbironchef »

Here's more info.: Already have the latest drivers on my Evga gtx 570 gc. TV is a Sony, internet ready, internet works great. No issues with the TV. Only when I boot up with the hdmi cable connected to the gc and TV do I have a issue. I am running my rig at stock speeds core I7 860 on a Asus deluxe premium motherboard. Don't know what else to add except that the Dell monitor works so I don't want to replace it till it stops working. In fact, all drivers, bios, software is up to date and stable. No viruses or malware detected.
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Long time no see and yeah, it's your first post since Jan 2013!

It's likely a monitor issue on the Dell UltraSharp 2407WFP. Have you tried using a different monitor just to see if it still does it? If it's the monitor you might want to put the one you have on craigslist and look at getting a newer one. The UltraSharp 2407WFP came out in Q2 2006, so it's served you well.

I know there was a Dell E2414H 24-inch monitor at BB today for $99 for Black Friday, but it was 19x10 and had no HDMI. Mainstream displays are so dang cheap these days.

Speaking of HDMI... How do you have this hooked up? HDMI to the TV and then DVI to the monitor?
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
vbironchef
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by vbironchef »

Yes, that is how it is connected. Well the monitor still works great so I am not going to sell it. After more due diligence, it could be possible that the connector to the gc was not getting a good connection to the computer. Seems to fine now? Weird.
I am mostly on my I-pad now. I still read reviews on legit reviews just don't log in. Still the best tech website IMO!

If you are wondering how I get my sound to play on the TV speakers instead of my computer speakers, I just go into control panel and set my tv as default speakers. Works great, just remember to switch back after watching movie.