Lexar microSDHC UHS-I 633x 16GB Card Review

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Lexar microSDHC UHS-I 633x 16GB Card Review

Post by Apoptosis »

Today we'll be taking a closer look at the Lexar high-performance 16GB microSDHC UHS-I 633x Flash memory card that is backed by a limited lifetime warranty for the card and a 1-year warranty for the included SuperSpeed USB 3.0 card reader. Lexar offers this card in three different capacities, but all are speed rated at Class 10 and leverage UHS-I technology to deliver a transfer speed of up to 633x (95MB/s)...

Article Title: Lexar microSDHC UHS-I 633x 16GB Card Review
Article URL: http://www.legitreviews.com/lexar-micro ... iew_134645
Pricing At Time of Print: $34.99 MSRP for 16GB
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
sbohdan
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Lexar microSDHC UHS-I 633x 16GB Card Review

Post by sbohdan »

I see no performance or price improvement over the course of the last few years. I guess, thi is the limit for this technology.
Main rig: NZXT Phantom modded case with Danger Den WC, Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite, Ryzen 5800X @ stock, 32GB Patriot Viper DDR4 3200Mhz 16-18-18-36-1T, AMD RX 5700XT + AlphaCool WC, ACER Nitro XV2 27", SP 1TB nvme PCiE GEN3, Samsung 2TB; Cooler Master MW Gold 650W, Win10 Pro 64
my complete GFX tuneup & cooling mod: http://forums.legitreviews.com/viewtopi ... highlight=
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

sbohdan wrote:I see no performance or price improvement over the course of the last few years. I guess, thi is the limit for this technology.
There are higher UHS class standards and faster Flash cards are in the works. Although they need an extra row of pins to operate:

"UHS-II cards, defined in Version 4.0, further raise the data transfer rate to a theoretical maximum of 312 MB/s using additional row of pins"

So basically we are coming to the peak speeds for UHS-I and UHS-104, but while we are near the theoretical speeds of 104MB/s read we aren't close in write speeds yet and to me that is when we are at the limit!
Follow Me on Twitter!
Alex44
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by Alex44 »

will the microSD card fit completely in the adapters slot or will the sd-card stand out a bit (like on the picture below)? The adapter that I currently have is somewhat useless because I have it on a key ring and I keep loosing the microSD card in my pocket or while pulling out the key ring.

click to enlarge

The image in the review looks almost worse than it is with my adapter. Is it correct that one can't push the microSD any further into the adapter?

Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

It fits all the way in. I left it partly out to show the card branding.
Follow Me on Twitter!