NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB Video Card Review

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB Video Card Review

Post by Apoptosis »

NVIDIA today announced the new GeForce GTX 750 Ti and GTX 750 video cards, which are very interesting to use as they are the first cards based on NVIDIA's new Maxwell graphics architecture. NVIDIA has been developing Maxwell for a number of years and have decided to launch entry-level discrete graphics cards with the new technology first in the $119 to $149 price range. NVIDIA heavily focused on performance per watt with Maxwell and it clearly shows as the GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB video card measures just 5.7-inches in length with a tiny heatsink and doesn't require any internal power connectors!

Article Title: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB Video Card Review
Article URL: http://www.legitreviews.com/nvidia-gefo ... iew_135752
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
JD Tech
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Re: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB Video Card Review

Post by JD Tech »

Doesn't the ASUS' Quad monitor support mean anything or not significant enough to consider? I would choose the MSI without batting an eye but why can't it have quad monitor support as well?

Here's the scenario:

Hey guys! I am purchasing a new graphics card and I am deciding between two GTX 750 TIs from different manufacturers, both coming to $89.99 after rebate. First is the MSI, boasting a slightly higher clock speed and military grade capacitors and Direct X 12 but only supports up to 3 monitors. Second is the ASUS' GTX 750 TI which is also very nice looking but can support up to 4 monitors. so my questions are 1.Which is the better card 2.Which is the better value 3.Does the slightly faster clock speed, military grade capacitors, and coming with DirectX 12 pre-integrated outweigh the ASUS' Quad monitor capability? Ive also read this:

The MSI has the fastest clock out-of-the-box and should have a small edge on the Asus. But the Asus requires a 6 pin PCIe power connector and the MSI does not. So if you are into OC'ing your cards, the Asus may be able to OC higher w/o exceeding the 75W power limit of the PCIe x16 slot.

I will prob not be OC'ing, but would like to choose the one that is of better quality will last longer/stay cooler, and has the better/nicer features. Seems the MSI does have some nice features but that quad monitor possibility from the ASUS is definitely something to consider and is what makes me second guess the MSI.

MSI> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

ASUS> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 82E168...
KnightRid

Re: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB Video Card Review

Post by KnightRid »

If you are running quad monitors on a sub $100 video card then I am impressed, if it is for gaming. Regular every day use would be decent but I would go for something a little higher end to make sure to be able to push the graphic data out evenly across all four without losing quality.

Personally, I have always been impressed with EVGA cards...all a matter of personal preference and what you think will do a better job for what you need it to. If you HAVE to have 4 monitor support then the choice is easy. If you dont have to use 4 monitors then I would jump on the MSI.
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga: