Intel Core i7-5960X 8-Core Haswell-E Processor Review

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Intel Core i7-5960X 8-Core Haswell-E Processor Review

Post by Apoptosis »

Intel today launched three new high-end Haswell-E processors for the brand new Intel X99 chipset based platform that was also launched today along with the new LGA 2011-v3 socket. This means that you’ll have to get a new motherboard with an LGA 2011 v3 socket, but your old LGA 2011 CPU cooler will still work as the CPU cooler mounting holes remain the same. This new platform also ushers in support for DDR4 memory! So, in addition to the new processor, chipset and socket, there is a major advancement with regards to the DRAM! Read on to see how it performs!

Article Title: Intel Core i7-5960X 8-Core Haswell-E Processor Review @ Legit Reviews
Article URL: http://www.legitreviews.com/intel-core- ... iew_149560
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
sbohdan
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Intel Core i7-5960X 8-Core Haswell-E Processor Review

Post by sbohdan »

Sorry but I have to repeat myself: Until Intel won't go back to soldering the heat spreader (IHS) to the die, I will not upgrade my 2500k system because 80C on water cooling is a joke - especially for a $1000 processor! How can they cheap-out on expensive parts like that?! I bet this processor would be closer to 60C when OC'd if the IHS was soldered to the die! It would probably be able to reach 4.7Ghz as well and be stable when running cooler. Shame on Intel for changing solder to TIM! I also think, if more people would protest and boycott this practice, they would be forced back to solder!
Main rig: NZXT Phantom modded case with Danger Den WC, Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite, Ryzen 5800X @ stock, 32GB Patriot Viper DDR4 3200Mhz 16-18-18-36-1T, AMD RX 5700XT + AlphaCool WC, ACER Nitro XV2 27", SP 1TB nvme PCiE GEN3, Samsung 2TB; Cooler Master MW Gold 650W, Win10 Pro 64
my complete GFX tuneup & cooling mod: http://forums.legitreviews.com/viewtopi ... highlight=