What is up

A place for us to say thank you to our community by offering hardware contests! This is the place to be to check out and sign up for contests that Legit Reviews holds. If you don't like the prizes or how the contests are being run just don't enter and wait till the next contest!
Merlin
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

What is up

Post by Merlin »

I have been a memeber of Legit reviews for over ten years. I cannot join the video card giveaway without signing up for marketing e-mails from two different entities?? I can't post on comment on your news section without signing up for Lockerdome or Discus. That seems like maybe legit reviews isn't what they started out to be anymore. I could be wrong but thats what it seems like.
Merlin
Windows 10 64 bit home on both
ASUS Z97-A LGA1150|i7 4790K|32Gb G-skill Ripjaws DDR3 2400| EVGA GTX660 | Corsair HX520W PSU
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X HERO 1151|i7 8700K|32Gb G-skill Ripjaws DDR4-2666| EVGA GTX1080 | Samsung 500GB SSD | Corsair AX760 PSU
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: What is up

Post by Apoptosis »

Merlin wrote:I have been a memeber of Legit reviews for over ten years. I cannot join the video card giveaway without signing up for marketing e-mails from two different entities?? I can't post on comment on your news section without signing up for Lockerdome or Discus. That seems like maybe legit reviews isn't what they started out to be anymore. I could be wrong but thats what it seems like.
Merlin,

ASUS approached LR with a proposal for a contest and I accepted how they wanted it done. It was basically accept the terms and conditions or walk away. I went with Lockerdome as they have an account manager that sets up the contests, they have an app that allows people to enter and get credit for completing various tasks, they contact the winner, they arrange shipping and handle all the behind the scenes stuff like sending tracking numbers, conflicts, rule breaks, tax stuff and everything else. By using lockerdome it (the contest) also gets to tap into that community and help expand the LR name. Things are different now than 10 years ago. The forums have slowed down big time with social media coming to age (facebook, twitter, youtube, reddit and so on) and sadly how companies want contests handled is different.

In 2012 when the site turned 10 years old I gave away 10 Kingston SSDs on the forums. Less than 500 people joined. A month or two before that we gave away a killer 1200W PSU and less than 150 people joined...

For the Lockerdome contest this month it looks like over 1,300 people entered in just 8 days. LR went from 9,746 Facebook followers to 10,196 as well, which is a gain of exactly 450 users. Even giving away a $2,699 computer on our forums didn't bring in that much traffic!

In terms of signups, hundreds of additions on the sites Facebook and Twitter pages, and ease of having the contest handled by Lockerdome it makes me want to hold more again. Are they the perfect solution? Of course now, but does it help me out by saving time? Yes Will that allow me to do more contests? Yes.

In fact on Monday I'll be starting another contest with Corsair for a water cooler. IT will be hosted on Lockerdome, but you won't have to signup with Corsair or anything to win this time around.

I truly appreciate all the guys that have been with LR for over a decade. Maybe once a year or something I can do something for just the forum guys. I know in the past KnightRid was willing to help, so if some of the old timers have some time and want to piece something together for the forums maybe I can make the prizes happen. I got burnt on doing contests and people were cheating, other tech site writers were winning more times than not, it was costing me close to $1,000 in shipping expenses, took a couple hours of work a week and winners complained about constantly and seldom said thanks. Contests sound easy to do, but they aren't!
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
Kaos Kid
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Kaos Kid »

I really appreciate your contest giveaways, I have won a case and also one of the Kingston SSDs since I've been here and the SSD especially helped greatly as it allowed me to upgrade and try one out for the first time. I bought two other Kingstons after that and although one of those had to be RMA'd the one I won from LR is still going strong in my main surfer/torrent box that is on 24/7 (Toolbox lists it at 19,264 hours/802 days).
I have come to the conclusion that "FaceBook" should be renamed "FacePalm" :roll:
KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

Still willing to help :)

most traffic is coming to/from social media now a days, it's kind of sad. I love forums and being able to find answers to questions that people have asked years ago but I just ran into now. All of this knowledge is slowly going away in favor of (ugh) Facebook and such.

I will be here kicking and screaming until I croak or Nate removes the forums :axe:
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
InspectahACE
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by InspectahACE »

KnightRid wrote: I will be here kicking and screaming until I croak or Nate removes the forums :axe:
Same here
i9-9900k | ASUS Maximus XI Hero | ASUS Strix RTX 2070 Super | 32GB G.Skill Trident RGB DDR4-3600 | Cooler Master ML360L AIO | Seagate Firecuda 510 1TB NVME SSD | Tt ToughPower RGB 850W PSU | Sound Blaster Z | LL PC-O11 Dynamic | ASUS Gladius II Mouse | ASUS Strix Scope RX| ASUS VG259QMM 24" 240hz monitor | Windows 11 Pro
DJ Tucker
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by DJ Tucker »

I love the giveaways. just a shame I never win them lol. the apps/accounts needed to post or enter giveaways is annoying but if you love the site like many users here do then you will give it a go and carry on. As you guys probably know, I post a lot of stuff usually me needing help with something. Forums are awesome, allowing people to share their advice with the world in one easy to access place. I feel Legit Reviews uses the best forum layout. It's simple, easy to use and reliable. Like Knightrid I will be he until I pass or nate says legit reviews is closing down. I think I will croak as knightrid says before this site goes anywhere :lol:
MSI Z590 Gaming Edge Wifi
Core i7 10700KF 5Ghz @ 1.25v With Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora Edge
Gigabyte RTX 2080 Super 1980Mhz @ 0.925v With TechN GPU Block
32Gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3600Mhz 16-18-18-38
Aqua Computer Ultitube 200 Pro D5 Next
Corsair XR5 240mm x2 & 360mm
Intel 670p 2Tb & WD Blue M.2 2Tb
Corsair HX1000i
Philips Momentum 3000 24" (Main) & MSI Optix G241V E2 (Second)
Lian Li O11D
Roccat Vulcan 120 Aimo, Roccat Kone Aimo Remastered and Roccat Sym Pro Air
blareblare20
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by blareblare20 »

DJ Tucker wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:27 am I love the giveaways. just a shame I never win them lol. the apps/accounts needed to post or enter giveaways is annoying but if you love the site like many users here do then you will give it a go and carry on. As you guys probably know, I post a lot of stuff usually me needing help with something. Forums are awesome, allowing people to share their advice with the world in one easy to access place. I feel Legit Reviews uses the best forum layout. It's simple, easy to use and reliable. Like Knightrid I will be he until I pass or nate says legit reviews is closing down. I think I will croak as knightrid says before this site goes anywhere :lol: bathroomremodeltacoma.com
Nice to read this kind of message :supz: . Some members don't see the value and the use of a forum like this but you guys are great and amazing for keeping this forum active. I'm new here and trying to be active and interact during my leisure time.
Albert90
Legit User
Legit User

Post by Albert90 »

Agreed! I'm new too but I'm trying my best to browser whenever I get the time and just give my input on things as I see fit.
adamscott
Legit User
Legit User

Post by adamscott »

Albert90 wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 8:40 am st paul power washing
Agreed! I'm new too but I'm trying my best to browser whenever I get the time and just give my input on things as I see fit. www.greenvillelawn.com/weed-control
Yeah right! This forum is really awesome.