Battlefield 1 DX12 Benchmarks – Three Resolutions Tested on Dozen Video Cards

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Battlefield 1 DX12 Benchmarks – Three Resolutions Tested on Dozen Video Cards

Post by Apoptosis »

Battlefield 1 was without a doubt one of the most anticipated games of 2016 and it appears that EA and DICE have delivered a DirectX 12 winner. The World War I-themed game is a team-based first-person shooter that is fun to play if you have the right hardware in your gaming PC. The problem for some is that Battlefield 1 has some pretty tough minimum and recommended system specifications published for both AMD and Intel/NVIDIA systems.
Read on to see what video cards run Battlefield 1 smoothly.

Article Title: Battlefield 1 DX12 Benchmarks – Three Resolutions Tested on Dozen Video Cards
Article URL: http://www.legitreviews.com/battlefield ... rds_187267
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
KnightRid

Re: Battlefield 1 DX12 Benchmarks – Three Resolutions Tested on Dozen Video Cards

Post by KnightRid »

So they say the minimum is a 660GTX 2GB card but it seems like that card (mine, unfortunately) will fail completely.

Well I guess if you lower everything to the lowest setting possible then maybe you could play if you could make out which moving sprite is which as they may all look like big blocks at that point lol

Did you test with the lowest settings at 1080p?
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Battlefield 1 DX12 Benchmarks – Three Resolutions Tested on Dozen Video Cards

Post by Apoptosis »

KnightRid wrote:So they say the minimum is a 660GTX 2GB card but it seems like that card (mine, unfortunately) will fail completely.

Well I guess if you lower everything to the lowest setting possible then maybe you could play if you could make out which moving sprite is which as they may all look like big blocks at that point lol

Did you test with the lowest settings at 1080p?
Using Presentmon to benchmark video cards is extremely time consuming. You don't get an FPS score you get a CSV file like this:
presentmon.jpg
You have to figure everything out on your own with manual equations. So, no I didn't do any other testing that what you see. The results in that article are from 15 cards x 3 runs each x 3 resolutions = 135 CSV files that are up to 1.5MB each. First time I have ever crashed excel with 100+ files open.

To run BF1 on a GeForce GTX 660 you'd have to really lower the image quality at 1080P. I have one if you'd like me to test it.

UPDATE: I found my GTX 650, GTX 650 TI Boost and the GTX 670... Can't find my GTX 660, but I know it is around here somewhere.
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

no, no, that's fine Nate. i was just curious if you did any of the tests at the lowest possible settings or not.

no need to get crazy on time consuming tests that will not benefit anyone except a very, very few!!!!
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
sbohdan
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by sbohdan »

This game is yet another instance of falsifying history. The majority of the I world War was fought in Europe and there were no blacks living in Europe at that time, less the very few kept by snob white aristochracy as servants. Blacks at the time were living in Africa, deleted for being too racist of a statement. Showing a main character to be black is bull**** and an offence to all the white people who died in that war. The multicultural mixing of people in Europe only started after the second World War and only in the western part of europe, as a part of the Kalergi plan to slowly make whites as a minority and eventually put them out of existence. Those who want to know what the Kalergi plan is and who invented this evil plan just search for "Kalergi plan" on google.
Main rig: NZXT Phantom modded case with Danger Den WC, Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite, Ryzen 5800X @ stock, 32GB Patriot Viper DDR4 3200Mhz 16-18-18-36-1T, AMD RX 5700XT + AlphaCool WC, ACER Nitro XV2 27", SP 1TB nvme PCiE GEN3, Samsung 2TB; Cooler Master MW Gold 650W, Win10 Pro 64
my complete GFX tuneup & cooling mod: http://forums.legitreviews.com/viewtopi ... highlight=