Log R - Where Art and the Latest Technology Meet

You can find all the latest computer hardware press releases in here.
nikka111
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Log R - Where Art and the Latest Technology Meet

Postby nikka111 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:02 am

Log Workstation, the new innovator on the professional desktop market, introduces series of workstations designed for filmmakers, photographers, 3D graphic designers, VR creators, scientists and engineers.

Read more: http://store.logworkstation.com/newsroom
Last edited by nikka111 on Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:29 am, edited 5 times in total.

KnightRid

Re: Log R - Where Art and the Latest Technology Meet

Postby KnightRid » Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:01 am

Plain and ugly are the first 2 words that come to my mind. I mean, plain jane thunderbolt/usb ports with no customization at all and this in a system that they ask 3320 Euro (wherever that damn key is and I am not looking up the ascii) or $3871.49 at the exchange rate right now. Oh and if you go to http://www.logworkstation.com/log-r.html you can see even the back of the unit has no extended cover panel to make the connection more, how should I say, beautified (yea that works). There is the lovely silver plate for the motherboard connectors.....for almost 4grand!

Functionality, I don't know as I don't have one but it better just scream power, cooling and silence for the price they are asking.

Don't server/workstations usually have a backup power supply built in...Maybe I am dreaming since I thought the price was around FOUR THOUSAND DOLLARS.

Send one to Nate to review and then keep or give away and maybe my opinion will change. I really doubt it (95% sure it wont change) since it is a basic computer with a dull boring case and nothing extraordinary about it at all.
Cigar Blog I review for - http://www.stogiereview.com

Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:

nikka111
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Postby nikka111 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:38 am

@KnightRid:
It is the bottom of Log R where the ports are located. The front and the back are nearly identical.

There are more than 50 configurations to choose from. And each one you can further customize.

If it's the price bothering you, I think you should refer to Log Workstation’s website for its justification. And remember, it’s an European company, so slightly different prices there.

KnightRid

Postby KnightRid » Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:57 am

nikka111 wrote:@KnightRid:
It is the bottom of Log R where the ports are located. The front and the back are nearly identical.

So a plain jane computer case with wood slapped on its sides to act as feet so the plain jane case can be turned on its back to expose the ports on top to even more dust and dirt :rolleyes:

nikka111 wrote:@KnightRid:
If it's the price bothering you, I think you should refer to Log Workstation’s website for its justification. And remember, it’s an European company, so slightly different prices there.

Oh it is a HUGE bother and there is no justification on the website at all for the price. I see Noctua coolers which run $60 for cpu and $22 for the regular ones while water cooling should be included for the cpu, gpu, ram and chipset. Which brings up the point of using a stock gpu cooler (I even picked the system to use gpu rendering), no mention of ram nor chipset cooling and the use of a stock Noctua cooler on an OLD GENERATION Xeon processor.

No, I absolutely think companies like this are worthless additions to society as a whole because it is a blind grab for money with a product that offers NOTHING for the absurd pricing. Sure some of it may be due to being overseas but there is nothing that screams $4000 computer any where in the galaxy!
Cigar Blog I review for - http://www.stogiereview.com

Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:

nikka111
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Postby nikka111 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:43 am

@KnightRid:
Just wanted to clarify that E5-26xx v4 are the most up-to-date Intel Xeon desktop processors currently available on the market.

Also, there are no such things as memory nor chipset liquid cooling solutions broadly adopted in desktop workstations enviroment mainly because of maintenance-related issues and relatively low thermal output of the chips.

Return to “Press Releases”