DDR2 PC2-6400 (800MHz) 7-way Memory Showdown

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

DDR2 PC2-6400 (800MHz) 7-way Memory Showdown

Post by Apoptosis »

Legit Reviews has recently had the opportunity to look at seven PC2-6400 memory kits from some of the most popular enthusiast brand lines here in North America. Our Seven DDR2-800 kits came from A-DATA, Corsair, Crucial, Kingston, Mushkin, OCZ and SyncMAX. While all seven brands are rated at 800MHz, this is where the similarities end.

Article Title: DDR2 PC2-6400 (800MHz) 7-way Showdown
Last edited by Apoptosis on Fri Nov 18, 2005 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
SAMSAMHA
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by SAMSAMHA »

wow, nice group of memories. I wish I have any of them:).
Kerii
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Kerii »

We're up to PC2-6400 already? Jeez, things are moving so fast.

Nice article, though I peronally would've liked to see some comparisons to older memory to show the performance gains (if any). :P
gvblake22
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by gvblake22 »

Just browsed through it, very nice work indeed! I've never heard of SyncMAX before, it does look like a "wolf in sheep's clothing" for sure! LOL
Too bad it appears to be difficult to find in retail stores :(
At least the A-DATA memory was able to still hold its own against the rest of the pack. I'm glad there is still at least one "no-frills" company out there that is still committed to making a high performance product at a reasonable price! :drinkers:

But, I do have to point out that although your color coordinated graphs were nice, it would have been much more helpful to keep the color consistant with each brand of memory. So when you looked at each of the graphs, blue was always OCZ and pink was always ADATA, etc...

Kerii wrote:Nice article, though I peronally would've liked to see some comparisons to older memory to show the performance gains (if any). :P
That would have been cool too!