4-Door Jeep Wrangler Spotted in snow

A place to rant about politics, life, or just anything you damn well feel like telling others.
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

4-Door Jeep Wrangler Spotted in snow

Post by Apoptosis »

With the auto show season starting up again soon, spies are catching more and more new cars and trucks off-guard. Caught undressing here is the new four-door Jeep Wrangler, with a little help from winter winds. You'll see it officially uncovered soon - the best bet now is the New York auto show - potentially with removeable roof panels to turn the Wrangler into a four-door quasi-convertible. Among the nameplates rumored for the new model? Cherokee
I'm a big Jeep fan, so had to post up the picture of the upcoming four door Jeep Wrangler!
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by bubba »

got to wonder why? with the cherokee and the new commander, why make it 4 door.

I thought the stretched version would still be a capable trail rig set up but this looks to be a faily long wheel base.
Last edited by bubba on Sun Dec 18, 2005 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bigblockmatt
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by bigblockmatt »

eeww...those things are weird and ugly looking...
comp specs- too lazy to make a cool looking sig... MB:GIGABYTE GA-MA790XT-UD4P, AMD Phenom II X3 720 Black Edition 2.8Ghz, CORSAIR TW3X4G1333C9DHX 4GB PC3-10666, ASUS Radeon HD 4870 512MB, SB audigy gamer, WESTERN DIGITAL Caviar Black 500GB, antec P180 case (extra 120mm fan and 80mm fan), Corsair HX Series 620W: ASSEMBLED June 2009
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by bubba »

I like the way the wrangler looks, but little iffy on the 4 door. I guess I'll know when I see the final version with out the covers...
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

yeah I don't know why the 4-door idea went to production either as they already have 4-door models with the same motors.
LVCapo
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by LVCapo »

why mess with the greatest.
I've had 4 jeeps a CJ, two Saharas, and a Rubicon........they ket getting better and better...... I just don't understand why they have to go in that direction....jeeps are not supposed to look like SUVs, SUVs are for yuppies to drive around the city and for dirt driveways.
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

you had one of the new rubicons?
LVCapo
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by LVCapo »

Yep, awesome jeep. Had to get rid of it because I don't drive much anymore........and the wife wanted a new Jetta
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

I used to want one so bad... front and rear Dana 44's with air lockers as an option is killer for something from the factory.

Sure beats the stock Dana 30 and Dana 35 that they came with originally. Not that my Ford 8.8" with a Detroit Locker, 4.55 gears, and disc brakes is lacking in the rear though.
Bio-Hazard
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Bio-Hazard »

I still like the original CJs they used to be a great off-roader out of the factory. I don't know a thing about the new ones at all. If they can't haul firewood, I don't look at them much............. :shock:
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

a new TJ will put any YJ or CJ to shame. I drove a number of them off road on 3+ to 5 rated trails in stock trim and it was impressive and smooth unlike out CJ's and YJ's that we grew up with. I also ruined a friends TJ that was in my Jeep club on a rock course. I was used to a YJ's ability to slide over rocks on the leaf springs and not crunch and bend to heck like the factory lower links do on the front end. The guy wanted me to drive it for him because I had more expierence and he wanted to see what a good off road driver could do and I wasn't being spoted on the course and i found the biggest f'n rock to park the Jeep on... I'll never forget the guys face when we got out and he saw what I had done... LOL

I miss that stuff.
LVCapo
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by LVCapo »

Bio-Hazard wrote:I still like the original CJs they used to be a great off-roader out of the factory. I don't know a thing about the new ones at all. If they can't haul firewood, I don't look at them much............. :shock:
LOL, the orginals were so easy to maintain as well. If something went wrong you could usually troubleshoot it and fix it yourself in short order.....forget evven thinking about that with these new ones
LVCapo
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by LVCapo »

Apoptosis wrote:a new TJ will put any YJ or CJ to shame. I drove a number of them off road on 3+ to 5 rated trails in stock trim and it was impressive and smooth unlike out CJ's and YJ's that we grew up with. I also ruined a friends TJ that was in my Jeep club on a rock course. I was used to a YJ's ability to slide over rocks on the leaf springs and not crunch and bend to heck like the factory lower links do on the front end. The guy wanted me to drive it for him because I had more expierence and he wanted to see what a good off road driver could do and I wasn't being spoted on the course and i found the biggest f'n rock to park the Jeep on... I'll never forget the guys face when we got out and he saw what I had done... LOL

I miss that stuff.
I wanted to goto MOAB SOOOOOOOOOO bad. That place is the ultimate playground for jeeps
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Without a doubt. I've been to the Badlands to wheel and thats it for out of the MO/IL area.
Bio-Hazard
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Bio-Hazard »

I've to MOAB a few times, we've got friends that live out that way, but it wasn't for 4 wheelin, it was for the mountain biking. Slick Rock has got to be the most awsome ride ever on a bike.............. :shock: I wouldn't think of doing it in a 4x4, but I've watched people do it.
bigblockmatt
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by bigblockmatt »

Yeeps..bah. get a scout :)
comp specs- too lazy to make a cool looking sig... MB:GIGABYTE GA-MA790XT-UD4P, AMD Phenom II X3 720 Black Edition 2.8Ghz, CORSAIR TW3X4G1333C9DHX 4GB PC3-10666, ASUS Radeon HD 4870 512MB, SB audigy gamer, WESTERN DIGITAL Caviar Black 500GB, antec P180 case (extra 120mm fan and 80mm fan), Corsair HX Series 620W: ASSEMBLED June 2009