Intel Pentium Processor 965 Extreme Edition Review

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

The Intel Pentium Processor 965 Extreme Edition is the flagship power processor from Intel and today Legit Reviews takes one for a test drive. With a new stepping and better thermals the Extreme Edition looks better than ever. Read on and see how our Intel 965 does against the AMD FX-60.

The Intel Pentium Processor 965 was a joy to work with. For those who can afford one we highly suggest picking one up as every enthusiast has to see what these are all about. With the 955 moving over to the new stepping there really is no difference between the 955 and the 965 processor. Both are based off the same core and eventually the same stepping once the old 955 processors move off the shelves. Since most of the buyers of the Extreme Edition series are overclockers we'd suggest going with the cheaper of the two.
Article Title: Intel Pentium Processor 965 Extreme Edition Review
Illuminati
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Illuminati »

While effectively this is just a speed-bump for Intel's most expensive processor, it is still nice to see the drop in temperature with the new stepping that Intel is now using on the 965 and 955 Extreme Editions.
Justin West
Server Admin & Forum Moderator
Follow me on Twitter | Find us on Facebook
Immortal

Post by Immortal »

a well written and unbiased review in my opinion.
Just a note, when comparing the FX-60 and 965EE.. which would the CPU of choice be with genrerally, if youre not bias towards any manufacturer?
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

well for gaming I'd go AMD all the way, but for the fun of overclocking and tweaking I'd be all over the Intel Extreme Edition's. Out of the box AMD processors rule, but once you slap on some water cooling these Intel Extreme Editions are all about 4.5GHz+. I've had it post at 5GHz, but it's not stable in Windows. Pretty impressive if you ask me.

This new #4 stepping looks better than the previous #2 and with the lower thermals I'm happy with what Intel is doing. It's just too bad they didn't do this two years ago. If they did Presler would be 4GHz+ and the AMD v. Intel battle would be closer than what it is today.