Corsair CMPSU-620HX 620 Watt Power Supply Review

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

As the latest entrant into the power supply industry it's now Corsair’s turn to sit in the hot seat as we take a look at their HX Series of modular power supplies. Legit Reviews has had the pleasure of taking their 620Watt model, the CMPSU-620HX and taking it for a test spin on our Conroe and AM2 gaming systems.

It appears that Corsair has a winner on their hands with the HX series of power supplies. The HX620W that we tested today performed very well and had some of the most stable rails that we have seen on a power supply that supports the latest multiple graphics card solutions from both ATI and NVIDIA. When using the HX620W on both AMD and Intel platforms we found the power supply to be stable and more than enough to feed power to the fastest desktop processors on the market today.
Article Title: Corsair CMPSU-620HX 620 Watt Power Supply Review
Article URL: http://www.legitreviews.com/article/371/1/
infinitevalence
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by infinitevalence »

from some quick research it looks like an OEM Sesonic PSU :) and judging from the results i would day there is no danger of using this in a highend system.
"Don't open that! It's an alien planet! Is there air? You don't know!"
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Corsair never came out and told me who makes there power supply, but yes I strongly agree with you that it looks like it would be a SeaSonic.
The Black Pumpkin
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by The Black Pumpkin »

A very good article (once again :mrgreen: ), and it's definitely being considered by me for a psu upgrade down the road. It's either this, the high end OCZ, Antec, or Thermaltake, or the 1kw PC Power & Cooling. Guess what four are most realistic... :roll:

Anyway, I counted three typos since I'm a little OCD in that way. :roll: Curious? :rolleyes:

edit: Forgot to add the FSP 600w to the list. And can you tell I'm a little tired? 11:20 pm here. :rolleyes:
AMD Opteron 1224SE "Santa Ana" = DFI Lanparty UT NF590 SLI-M2R/G
Crucial Ballistix 4x1GB DDR2 800 = Corsair CMPSU-750TX
Sapphire 4870 1GB = Sceptre X20WG-Naga 20" = Logitech X-530 5.1
Seagate 320GB (SATA II) x2 = Samsung SH-S203B (SATA)
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

ugh... PM the typos to me... Thank god I'm a bio major and not english.
injun
Legit User
Legit User

Post by injun »

infinitevalence wrote:from some quick research it looks like an OEM Sesonic PSU :) and judging from the results i would day there is no danger of using this in a highend system.
This was a great review and seems to be a really nice power supply but I sense from your thoughts that this isn't a good choice for a high-end system? Is this correct? Perhaps an issue with who actually is manufacturing this. Any further clarification before I buy? I was going to use this very power supply for a 7 drive, Crossfire video and the usual bits. Thanks.
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

no this would be one of the only ones that I would suggest right now for the power supplies that I have used. I also suggest reading: http://www.legitreviews.com/article/372/1/
injun
Legit User
Legit User

Post by injun »

Apoptosis wrote:no this would be one of the only ones that I would suggest right now for the power supplies that I have used. I also suggest reading: http://www.legitreviews.com/article/372/1/
Very good then. I misinterpreted the comments. Legit Reviews editorials are very helpful by the way. It's helping this consumer figure out the best solution for a build. Thanks Apoptosis.