CoolIT Eliminator

Discuss cases, PSUs, and various cooling techniques in here.
HONkUS
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

CoolIT Eliminator

Post by HONkUS »

I am buying one as soon as I can!

Self contained liquid cooling system that uses TEC's to keep the coolant BELOW ambient without condensation!

Its a rehash of the Freezone except its $100.00 cheaper for the same performance!

It will be mine. Oh yes it will be mine.
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by bubba »

well you better post pics when you get it. :)
FZ1

Post by FZ1 »

Sweet!
Joe
Fogey
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by Fogey »

It should be out soon in retail.

I pre-ordered one direct and got this in a E-Mail this morning:

"Thanks for placing your order with CoolIT Systems. We appreciate your business and will ship your order within the next business day"

Down side of when it gets here, I have to wait to build my next gaming rig as I'm holding off for a looke see at the Asus commando MB due to come out this month.
FZ1

Post by FZ1 »

No way...no teasing us. Install it and report back! :P
Joe
setscrew
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by setscrew »

I am looking forward to this system with keen interest. I have made a list of low cost water cooling parts that I was going to obtain soon, but seeing as the purchase price is ten dollars more than the Eliminator, I will wait for some reviews prior to purchasing.
HONkUS
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by HONkUS »

well iw ont be able to afford it for atleast 3 months but then it mine lol
HONkUS
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by HONkUS »

I placed my order last night with FrozenCPU.com they say it will ship on 3/1/2007 then I will post pics and benchmarks!
Dragon_Cooler
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Dragon_Cooler »

HONkUS wrote:I placed my order last night with FrozenCPU.com they say it will ship on 3/1/2007 then I will post pics and benchmarks!
HOLY SH** dude you never told me you got it!!!!! We will ahve to get together i can take the pics with camera!!!!
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by bubba »

Dragon_Cooler wrote:We will ahve to get together i can take the pics with camera!!!!
yes please :)
HONkUS
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by HONkUS »

HOLY SH** dude you never told me you got it!!!!! We will ahve to get together i can take the pics with camera!!!!
Yup! not only that but I got an email yesterday morning from FrozenCPU saying my order shipped! thats a full 3 days ahead of schedule! I will probably get it today or tomorrow then its pictures, benchmarks and write up time!
Pengwin
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Pengwin »

mm, TEC cooling.
werty316
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by werty316 »

That is one sweet hybrid TEC/water cooling kit without a doubt.
There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of animals Chuck Norris allows to live.
Zenphic
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by Zenphic »

HONkUS wrote:I placed my order last night with FrozenCPU.com they say it will ship on 3/1/2007 then I will post pics and benchmarks!
Sweet, can't wait! :) I hope the performance of this cooler would be good as its big brother
HONkUS
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by HONkUS »

well I received my Eliminator last week and it worked great!

for one night.

Now the TEC's only work randomly and I think it has to do with the wiring since I can get them to turn on if I jiggle the wires in just the right place. Without the TEC's working Im getting idle temps around 40c and im not even gonna try gaming. I emailed CoolIT's tech support staff last night so hopefully they will replace the unit.
Bio-Hazard
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Bio-Hazard »

I know a guy that's having the same sort of problem with the Freeze1, at least I think he's having the same sort of problem as his temps really sort of suck when compared to water cooling.
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

this is not good news at all.... let me know if you have any problems as I know a few people there and i can get them in contact with you if you hit a dead end or something.
HONkUS
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by HONkUS »

Well its only been 24 hours but I have yet to hear from anyone at CoolIT Systems regarding the matter. Even a "we got your message and are working on it" confirmation would be nice. Again though it has been 24 hours and I cant expect everyone to be as prompt as Patriot was when I had to RMA my RAM. An actual person at Patriot responded to my inquiry within 20 minutes!

Also disturbing I found a forum post by a user named "Diabolus" over at HardOCP where a user reported a similar problem, they say they dismantled the unit and rearranged the TEC wiring which seemed to solve their problem. Dismantling it would almost certainly void my warranty so i do not intend to do that if I can help it but the fact that someone else is having my same problem leaves me a little worried about the quality of the wiring in this unit.
Last edited by HONkUS on Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bio-Hazard
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Bio-Hazard »

HONkUS wrote:Well its only been 24 hours but I have yet to hear from anyone at CoolIT Systems regarding the matter. Even a "we got your message and are working on it" confirmation would be nice. Again though it has been 24 hours and I cant expect everyone to be as prompt as Patriot was when I had to RMA my RAM. An actual person at Patriot responded to my inquiry within 20 minutes!
They are either extremely over worked with problems or extremely under staffed............. :shock:
HONkUS
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by HONkUS »

Youd think for as much as they are selling them for they could hire enough people to work tech support :roll: If I don't hear from them in the next few days I might just return it and go with the Tuniq Tower. As it stands so far I am not satisfied with this product.