poorprince
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

intel 845GBV very slow in posting

Post by poorprince »

my first post! this is a great forum

Specs : Intel 845GBV mobo
P4 1700 mhz cpu

anyways, i need your help guys, after installing a new Western Digital IDE Hard drive, the sytem is posting @ very slow speeds, takes about a minute or 90 seconds to get to the Windows XP splash screen. I know this has something to do with the Western Digital HD coz i removed it and system post fairly quickly...

any tips? thanks!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Has the BIOS been updated to the latest? Is the drive correctly found and listed in the BIOS? Is one drive set to slave and the other to master? I'm guessing these are a pair of IDE drives? Make sure the primary drive (with windows) is set to master on IDE 0 and set the secondary drive to slave on IDE 1.

Welcome to the forums
poorprince
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by poorprince »

thanks for the welcome!

hmmm really wierd or its just me, being my first experience with WD drives after being a seagate user for so long

initially i placed a jumper as master on the WD drive (btw, there is only one IDE drive and one optical drive), this caused slow postings, i removed the jumper and its posting in a flash!

just IDE settings... more power to this board!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

awesome glad to see you got it sorted out... hope that you stick around even though your problem has been solved!