Thermaltake's 350W Silent Power Supply

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Illuminati
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thermaltake's 350W Silent Power Supply

Post by Illuminati »

Here's a very interesting read for those of you who need the quietest PC around...
As the digital world infiltrates the living room, silent operation becomes the key. More and more people are investing and building home theater PCs. Thermaltake has since released a power supply that is guaranteed to please even the stiffest of audiophiles when it comes to silent operation. The Thermaltake Silent PurePower Fan-less Power Supply sets the bar high when it comes to power, efficiency, and silent operation.
Link to Review
Justin West
Server Admin & Forum Moderator
Follow me on Twitter | Find us on Facebook
mrjake
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by mrjake »

if i use this device along with

http://www.teschke.de/heatpipes/News/co ... s_103.html

or

http://www.quietpc.com/uk/amdcooling.php#activecool

do you think this will run ok?

could you also provide a link for retailers in the uk providing this product as i cant find any?! :)

thanks
infinitevalence
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by infinitevalence »

I don't like the look of that TEC, TEC's are strange beasts, they have a particular wattage that they will cool up to, but beyond that they will actually heat your processor, i would not use a 72w TEC for cooling anything more than a Sempron 2500+ or Intel 2.4c. TEC's also generate heat thats how they cool the cpu so i don't see how it can run quieter as it will be putting the heat from the CPU and the heat from the TEC into that small heatsink. For the safety of your hardware i would go with the heatpiple fanless solution for cooling.

As for it working with the 350w the fanless one will but the TEC will not, 350w is not enough to run that tech and anything over a 2500+ especially if your overclocking. It would help me to know what kind of CPU, mobo, graphics card, you plan on using.

I also was not able to find any retailers in the UK, but i don't really know how to look for them as i have always bought things here in the US.
"Don't open that! It's an alien planet! Is there air? You don't know!"