Corsair, Kingston, OCZ & Super Talent DDR3 Roundup

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Corsair, Kingston, OCZ & Super Talent DDR3 Roundup

Post by Apoptosis »

Armed with four 2GB kits of DDR3 memory running at 1333MHz we set off to do our first DDR3 roundup to show those that are building the latest and greatest enthusiast systems which modules stand out from the crowd. Corsair Memory, Kingston Technology, OCZ Technology and Super Talent all sent out 2GB kits for us to try out and that is exactly what we did using the latest Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 processors on the Intel P35 chipset!

After taking a look at these four DDR3 kits it's clear that the Kingston HyperX PC3-11000 is the clear choice as it overclocks the highest at tight timings and won more benchmarks than any other kit. The fact that it's also the lowest priced kit of the ones that are available doesn't hurt anything either!
Article Title: Corsair, Kingston, OCZ & Super Talent DDR3 Roundup
Article URL: http://www.legitreviews.com/article/536/1/
pastorjay
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Re: Cosair, Kingston, OCZ & Super Talent DDR3 Roundup

Post by pastorjay »

Man oh man would I like to get my hands on a set or two if this stuff! of course, I woul dhave to get a motherboard to sup :lol: port it first! hehe
Illuminati
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Illuminati »

Very nice that Kingston is keeping everyone honest by setting the price/performance precedent for DDR3!
Justin West
Server Admin & Forum Moderator
Follow me on Twitter | Find us on Facebook
stereo55
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by stereo55 »

Nice article (as usuall) .

I wont be buying anytime soon though , thats for sure . Chipsets and the technolgy have a ways to go yet before we see any real befit from DDR3 ; but bythat time the price should come down to a more normal level .

I do think this is whats keeping the DDR2 mem prices down atm , which imo is a good thing .

Again nice article and thx =D>
* i7 5930K @ 4GHz 1.085v - Corsair H100i GTX - Asrock x99 OC Formula 3.1
* Sandisk Extreme Pro 480gb - HGST NAS 3TB - 2x WD Blue 1TB - 32gig Crucial 2133 - EVGA 980 Ti Classified - Corsair 780T/Seasonic 760 Platinum
* LG 34" Ultra Wide - Hanns-G HZ281HPB 27.5" - LG WH16NS40 Blu Burner - SoundBlaster Z - Klipsch 4.1's/Altec center channel
* Windows 8.1 Pro/Windows 10
* Retired game rig i7 920 @ 3.9 - EVGA x58 - still going strong!

Heatware
FeRaL
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by FeRaL »

Very impressive... I would have expected Corsair, with its industry reputation, to have beat out the competition. Seeing that I am getting ready in the next few months to build a C2D or Quad system, I will bookmark this review for when it comes time to take out my wallet.
mickrussom
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by mickrussom »

Super talent should be banned, no one should review them. I've built many systems over the years, both server and gamer, and the few times I've had memory fail during burn-in was with super talent. This stuff is consistently bad over time. From DDR2, to 667 FB-DIMMS, back to DDR, Super Talent are just are plain horrible and I consider their total lack of quality control bordering on criminal.

Use only with ECC if at all - I really dislike them and have seen firsthand bad failure rates. I don't just built for myself, but many server and gamer systems.
Think for yourself, question authority!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

how is their RMA service?
sbinh
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by sbinh »

wow ... so cool .......

Regarding SuperTalent, I have 1 set (PC6400 Cas4) ... was able to run it at 900MHz at same CAS (4) ... with no problem.
It is all personal opinion. The review SHOULD include SuperTalent (as Nate did) .... If it is that bad like mickrussom said, than the review will reveal the problem ..... :D
Image Image
dicecca112
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dicecca112 »

sbinh wrote:wow ... so cool .......

Regarding SuperTalent, I have 1 set (PC6400 Cas4) ... was able to run it at 900MHz at same CAS (4) ... with no problem.
It is all personal opinion. The review SHOULD include SuperTalent (as Nate did) .... If it is that bad like mickrussom said, than the review will reveal the problem ..... :D
Indeed, with our site we can't include personal bias. We have a promise to our users to show an unbiased opinion on all hardware.
mickrussom
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by mickrussom »

Apoptosis wrote:how is their RMA service?
Typical. No advanced replacement. Annoying. Its a "cheap-o" brand IMO, catering to low prices and not long term reliability. Seriously, with the failure rates I've seen they simply do not test anything before it goes out.
Think for yourself, question authority!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

I can't comment on the RMA service, but I do know they test their products with Ultra-X memory testers as Ma Labs is a big Customer of Ultra-X.