Kingston SDC/1GB-2ADP microSD Card Review

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Kingston SDC/1GB-2ADP microSD Card Review

Post by Apoptosis »

Kingston’s microSD card with an extra miniSD and full-size SD adapter is a simple and practical, crossplatform storage solution that is useful in multiple devices. The adapters transform the microSD card into either a miniSD or full-size SD card, making it extremely versatile. Read on as we take a look at the 1GB kit and see how it works!

Article Title: Kingston SDC/1GB-2ADP microSD Card Review
Article URL: http://legitreviews.com/article/548/1/
dicecca112
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Kingston SDC/1GB-2ADP microSD Card Review

Post by dicecca112 »

yup I have the 1GB version of that card, got it at Meritline a while back cheap. Works great in my camera
vicaphit
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by vicaphit »

I bought a 512 mb card a year ago for my phone, it cost me about $50... I hate to look at them now for less than $20 for twice the capacity.

I almost lost it in my room once when it ejected from my phone with such force that it launched it behind a dresser
----
Andy

New Rig: Intel Q6600 (2.7ghz), ASUS P5KC, 4GB DDR2-800, Palit 9600GT (1GB), Ultra X3 1KW (thanks LR!), Vista 64bit
Dell Rig: AMD Athlon X2 4000+ (2.1ghz), 2 GB DDR2 Ram, MSI 8800GT (512MB), Vista 32bit

PSN: VICaphit
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by bubba »

I have miss placed it more than once while testing it and using it in various devices. It doesn't take much to hide the little sucker.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
-Thomas Jefferson
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Major_A »

Out of curiosity would this work with ReadyBoost? After I bought Vista I was tempted to buy a card reader and 166X card for ReadyBoost. I decided against it and just bought a new thumb drive.
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by bubba »

I could not tell you as I don't have Vista yet, sorry.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
-Thomas Jefferson
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

you'd want to use a faster flash drive than this for ReadyBoost as you'd want at least a 166x device for ReadyBoost... something like this http://www.legitreviews.com/article/543/1/

Looking at the charts Bubba made it looks like the Kingston drive peaked out at ~50x performance, so getting the Super Talent Exelerator (166x) or their 200x USB drive as it would be a ton faster and a better solution for ReadyBoost.
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Major_A »

The thumb drive I picked up was an AData PD7 4GB. I wanted a new thumb drive anyway and the ReadyBoost compliance was a bonus. No big deal since I've installed and uninstalled Vista twice since I got in January. ReadyBoost is a joke anyway so now I just have a fast (200X) thumb drive.
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

200x Flash = 30,000kp/second

fast indeed ;)