CES 2008: Foxconn Goes Extreme With Motherboards

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Foxconn has a couple new motherboards they are showing off at CES that are worth looking at. Both are directed at enthusisasts and are the most extreme board we have ever seen Foxconn show off. If you are into overclocking and system performance then this article is for you! Get ready to be impressed!

Looking at the board in the picture above it is hard to find a place to start. Of course the motherboard features four PCI Express slots as you can tell by the four ATI Radeon HD 2900 XT graphics card that are running together in CrossFire. If you look a little closer you will notice that the board has not one, but two 24-pin ATX power supply connectors. One has to be used and the other is an optional power header for just the graphics cards, which is innovative. Look a little closer and...
Article Title: CES 2008: Foxconn Goes Extreme With Motherboards
Article URL: http://www.legitreviews.com/article/637/1/
kenc51
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: CES 2008: Foxconn Goes Extreme With Motherboards

Post by kenc51 »

Very interesting!

I would love to see how well it cools the components and if it helps much with overclocking.

I think the extra chips on the board are to allow support for 4x PCIe 16x slots to run at full speed?

Well done Foxconn =D> =D>
DX
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by DX »

DAMN!!!! I'm going to get a second job this week just so I can get that board and get it properly equipped. Now just what sort of case to put it in and will 1000 watts be enough to power a beast with that much juice?
AMD 960T OC'ed to 4gz
ASRock 970 EXTREME4 AM3+ AMD 970
2 X G.SKILL Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2133 (PC3 17000)(16gb)
EVGA SuperClocked 02G-P4-2682-KR GeForce GTX 680 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16
stev
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by stev »

Q-U-A-D

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
AMD X2 TK-57 1.90Ghz | F700 Quanta | PC2-5300 DDR2 2Gb | GeForce 7000M | DVDRAM GSA-T40N | HP LaserJet 1018
My Stats http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/ ... =&u=303718
http://www.eff.org - Electronic Frontier Foundation - working to protect your digital rights
werty316
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by werty316 »

Now you would need one monster full size tower to make that thing fit :shock:
There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of animals Chuck Norris allows to live.
Ramzii
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by Ramzii »

:partyman:
cool now will be able to fit a quad and still have room for X-fi or HDTV tuner or Physics card PCIe 1x

as far as the case I have that worked ont he the thermatake Xaser VI or Armor VH6000 series both come with steel or Aluminium variants as well as air or water cooled (LCS)

Was thinking I have to live with on-board audio till now .... :supz:

Possible issue are the pipes fitted with quick relase values

alternative/additional cooling via the Nautilus500™