Diamond Radeon HD 3850 512MB Ruby Edition Video Card

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Diamond released ATI Radeon HD 3870 and Radeon HD 3850 graphics cards back in November when they originally came out, but they were based off the ATI reference design and were the same as everyone else's. Diamond went back to the drawing board and came up with an Radeon HD 3850 that would be unique to them and be directed at overclockers and enthusiasts. Read on to check out the Diamond Radeon HD 3850 512MB Ruby Edition Video Card!

Article Title: Diamond Radeon HD 3850 512MB Ruby Edition Video Card
Article URL: http://legitreviews.com/article/650/1/
Pricing at Time of Print - $189.99 plus shipping
DMB2000uk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Diamond Radeon HD 3850 512MB Ruby Edition Video Card

Post by DMB2000uk »

They should stick that editors choice badge on their box asap, they deserve the kudos points it gives.

Dan
Image (<- Clickable)
sasamkd
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by sasamkd »

Overcloaked! I think it is written just fine. Over-cloak-ed. Cloak. Cloak like the heatsink? They over cloaked the card. Made a new heatsink. Not overclocked it. So I think they got it right.
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

sasamkd wrote:Overcloaked! I think it is written just fine. Over-cloak-ed. Cloak. Cloak like the heatsink? They over cloaked the card. Made a new heatsink. Not overclocked it. So I think they got it right.
haha -- that is one way to look at it :)
Bwall
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Bwall »

Nice review, I'm going to be ordering one of these right away for a computer I'm building for a friend! :mrgreen:
super nade
Legit User
Legit User

Post by super nade »

One thing I'd like to point out is the use of Sanyo WG electrolytic instead of OSCON or conductive polymer caps as is vogue in video cards. Perhaps not a good cost cutting measure for the long term. I've seen old skool 9200's fail when recapped with the normally reliable Panasonic FM. I'm not saying this will definitely be a problem, but I'm only saying this could be a long term issue. More so given that the ripple current capacity of electrolytics are far less than a comparable conductive polymer.