ECS PN1 SLI2 Extreme Motherboard Review

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

ECS PN1 SLI2 Extreme Motherboard Review

Post by Apoptosis »

ECS continues their trend of trying to produce enthusiast motherboards and is getting ready to release an nVidia 590 SLI motherboard for Intel users. Do they succeed with their Core 2 Duo board based on the Nvidia 590 chipset? With a simple motherboard layout and support for SLI this motherboard should be budget friendly and pack a mean punch. Let's take a look and find out just how Extreme this board is.

The bottom right of the board hosts our SATA connectors. As you can see, there are six SATA connectors that are SATA2 compliant. These connectors are powered by the NV chipset, and are capable of running in a RAID configuration. Just to the left of the SATA connectors, we see our active fan that is placed on the southbridge. We'll look a little closer at the fans later. Underneath the SATA connectors, we have our Clear_CMOS jumper. We used this quite often on this board as we tried to reach our maximum overclock. At the very bottom of the board, we have our second IDE connector. Once again, ECS has placed this right at the edge of the board, which is the optimal position for this connection.
Article Title: ECS PN1 SLI2 Extreme Motherboard Review
Article Link: http://www.legitreviews.com/article/429/1/
KingClub
Legit User
Legit User

Post by KingClub »

I tried the link that you have posted in the review but it does not come up with any actual compairisons, and I tried a few sites and also could not find this card. Is it on the market?
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Jason compared the ECS PN1 SLI2 Extreme Motherboard to the FOXCONN 975X7AB-8EKRS2H Motherboard in this article. I believe that is what you mean.

This motherboard is not yet available on the market as we noted in the conclusion.
KingClub
Legit User
Legit User

Post by KingClub »

When will ECS PN1 SLI2 Extreme Motherboard come out? That card looks sweet to me, and do you know a approx cost?
dgood
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by dgood »

I definitely love the black motherboard look and it looks clean and well laid out I think I might have my friend look into it for his 8800gts for future upgrade potential.