The CoolIT Eliminator CPU Cooler Review

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

The CoolIT Eliminator CPU Cooler uses multiple TECs (also called peltiers) to chill the coolers liquid coolant. This eliminates the need for a radiator and increases thermal capacity and provides for faster heat absorption at the source. Read on to see how this interesting cooler performs!

For those that are familiar with water cooling the CoolIT Eliminator uses the same basic method, but uses three solid-state TECs to cool the coolant down rather than a traditional radiator. Water is pumped from the +12V water pump through tubing to the CPU water block. Once the coolant leaves the water block it becomes 'hot' and is cooled down by going through not one, but three TECs. This process works really well as the cold side of the TEC plate can easily cool the water, but the heat from the hot side of the plate still needs to be handled. To get rid of the heat generated from the TECs, CoolIT uses a radial heat sink to absorb the heat. A 92x92x38mm fan then sucks air through the radial heat sink and blows the air out of the case.
Article Title: The CoolIT Eliminator CPU Cooler Review @ Legit Reviews
Article URL: http://www.legitreviews.com/article/473/1/
Bio-Hazard
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Bio-Hazard »

The unit seems to have pretty good performance, to bad that they are having so many different problems with the cooler.
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by bubba »

Looks decent enough, but with the other things I have seen from Honkus's and Diabolus issues it seems like it is hit or miss on getting a good one.
HONkUS
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by HONkUS »

Lets take a look at this box.

"Simple Installation" Besides having to remove the Mobo and wonder if the mounting hardware is going to break yeah I guess so lol.

"Eliminates Noise" WTF? that 92mm sounds like a jet taking off! its alot louder than most 120mm fans users would replace it with.

"Extreme CPU Cooling" this is the only one I agree with :) Unless of course it burns down your house because of a faulty power connector.

Also your's came with a cat and mine didnt!

I also want to point out that it tells you to remove the mobo for AM2 when infact you do not have to do that, I figured it out because my hardware broke but if you screw the standoffs that have male ends into the back plate for AM2 it works fine! Ive told CoolIT systems that but apparently your the only one they talk to Nate because ive emailed them 4 times and havent gotten a single reply!

They have no problem kissing the butt of a site admin that gives them publicity but when it comes to the rest of their customers apparently they dont care after they make the inital sale.
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Call CoolIT... E-Mailing is like snail mail...

Here is CoolIT's toll free number: 1-866-621-2665

The CEO's name is Geoff Lyon and he took my call yesterday...

As for the AM2 motherboard removal I think it's like that because not all AM2 boards use the same back-plate. not 100% sure though.

oh and yeah the cat isn't included.
HONkUS
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by HONkUS »

ooohhhh yeah I remember hearing about the AM2 backplate thing

Yeah I just got off the phone with them, Sean with CoolIT says they just revamped their tech support system. But I will say that the hold time was almost non existent and Sean was very helpful. He also told me he is sending me an email with my RMA information and that a new unit with the new corrected TEC power connector should ship in less than two days after they receive my faulty unit.

That still doesnt explain the free cat though........ :)

That cat has the "you take my box I kill you!" look in its eye lol.
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

That's the LR Lab cat... He's touched every piece of hardware and broken a fair share too over the years...
Diabolus
Legit User
Legit User

Post by Diabolus »

HONkUS are they paying for the shipping back to Canada?

I've quoted the RMA instructions I received. They apparently don't like ground shipping but the suggested shipping is $70-$80. Let me know if this is the same. I'd hate to have to wait a month to get a working cooler back.
** Please do not ship the unit ground shipping, any charges that have to be paid when we receive your RMA unit will be declined and the unit will be returned to you without being repaired. ** Please ship UPS 3 Day Express or FedEx International Economy **
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

It's now on DIGG: http://digg.com/hardware/Crazy_Looking_ ... Eliminator

Please support LR and DIGG it if you enjoyed it.
stopthekilling77
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by stopthekilling77 »

i'm considering getting this in the future, maybe after it's been revised a little bit, but i'm a newbie to building and i'm not sure...

think the hardware/wiring issue will be fixed in a later version? cause this thing looks SIIIIICK. (aka i want one i want one i want one i want one!!!!)
Cyberpower generic case
B450M PRO-VDH MAX
Ryzen 5 3600 w/PBO/OC
CM Hyper 212 EVO push/pull
Corsair VENGEANCE LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3600 CL16
MSI RTX 3060 Ti Ventus 3X 8G OC LHR
Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB
6GB Seagate HDD
EVGA 650BQ 650W PSU
ASUS VE278 27" monitor, Dell E2216HV (vertical)
Logitech Z533 2.1 Speakers, G935 7.1 or G435 headset
MS LXM-00001 keyboard
Razer Deathadder Elite, XBOX One Lunar Shift controller

I've come a long way from my original Core2Duo E6750 build y'all! :supz:
Indignity
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by Indignity »

Very well done review & i've "Dugg" it if that's even a word?

I probably won't be doing anything like this for quite some time, but I hope they left the system available to upgrades like more heavier-duty peltier plates. But then again, I can't see this system being anymore efficient with how they are dissapating the heat on this unit.
Intel Core2Duo e6600 @ 3.78GHz/1.47v n ASUS P5N-E sli n 4x1GB Crucial Ballistix Tracer PC2 8500(currently 5-5-5-15-2t) n FSP Group (Fortron) FX Series FX700-GLN-E 700W Power Supply n APEVIA X-Navigator ATXA8NW-AL Case n eVGA GeForce 7600GT 256MB GDDR3 n 1.25TB Seagate Barracudas(3 setup as hot-swap) n AuzenTech XMYSTIQUE7.1 Sound Card n Innovatek Eheim HPPS Plus 12V WaterPump n Danger Den TDX CPU block n Swiftech MCR320-QP (3x120mm) Radiator
enb141
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by enb141 »

HONkUS wrote:Image

Lets take a look at this box.

"Simple Installation" Besides having to remove the Mobo and wonder if the mounting hardware is going to break yeah I guess so lol.

"Eliminates Noise" WTF? that 92mm sounds like a jet taking off! its alot louder than most 120mm fans users would replace it with.

"Extreme CPU Cooling" this is the only one I agree with :) Unless of course it burns down your house because of a faulty power connector.

Also your's came with a cat and mine didnt!

I also want to point out that it tells you to remove the mobo for AM2 when infact you do not have to do that, I figured it out because my hardware broke but if you screw the standoffs that have male ends into the back plate for AM2 it works fine! Ive told CoolIT systems that but apparently your the only one they talk to Nate because ive emailed them 4 times and havent gotten a single reply!

They have no problem kissing the butt of a site admin that gives them publicity but when it comes to the rest of their customers apparently they dont care after they make the inital sale.
Is it too loud even when set to Low?
HONkUS
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by HONkUS »

Well if its set to low it kinda defeats the purpose.

Ive come around on mine, the initial unit I got was poorly designed but their 1.04 revision of the TCM has been working great for me. Still I wasnt happy with how they jerked me around when it came to returning the item and mounting hardware is still crap.
enb141
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by enb141 »

Do you have any estimates about RPM something to compare about how loud it is on Low mode?
SAMSAMHA
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by SAMSAMHA »

nice unit, smaller than freezone and cheaper.
Sporg
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Sporg »

How tall are the standoffs? Are they around 10 or 11 mm, similar to what comes with some of the TT cases?

I'm thinking of switching to liquid cooling for my C2D X6800, and this seems like a nice, neat little package.

H0NkUS I remember reading your complaints, wasn't there also a wiring issue or an electrical issue of some sort that was causing fires? If so, does the new version seem to address this?

Ok, so bottom line I'm getting that the mounting hardware is garbage. And a trip to the local hardware store would be in order if buying this.

Nate - Thanks for the good write-up!
I would never die for my beliefs because I might be wrong.
~Bertrand Russell