DX10 on XP

This is the place to discuss the latest computer hardware issues and technology. Please keep the discussion ON TOPIC!
DemonicDerek
Legit User
Legit User

DX10 on XP

Post by DemonicDerek »

Ok, since you guys seem to know a lot of info about XP, do you guys know how to run DX 10 in xp? I am curious if this can be done and if so then sweet I won't have to get vista... but otherwise then fine I guess I will have to get vista.

So yeah if you know please don't hesitate to tell me or everyone else for that matter...
martini161
Mr Awesome
Mr Awesome

Re: DX10 on XP

Post by martini161 »

no. there was a cracked version but it was never finished, and the final version they got is now hard to find, ive tried it and it doesnt even work that well
Zelig
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Zelig »

Not going to happen.

Honestly, I think Vista is a much better operating system than XP, but DX10 is one of the less compelling reasons to go with Vista, there are no DX10 exclusive games, and relatively little visual difference in DX9 and DX10.
martini161
Mr Awesome
Mr Awesome

Post by martini161 »

Zelig wrote: Honestly, I think Vista is a much better operating system than XP
Care to explain your point of view? (sorry to the op for going a bit off topic but i just have to ask
DaddyRabbit
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by DaddyRabbit »

martini161 wrote:
Zelig wrote: Honestly, I think Vista is a much better operating system than XP
Care to explain your point of view? (sorry to the op for going a bit off topic but i just have to ask
This thread's going to heat up quick :evil:

To the OP I have to agree with Zelig on the "Not Going To Happen". MS has no viable business reason to try.
Asrock Z68 Extreme4 Gen3
Core i7 2600k
Corsair H100 Liquid Cooler
8gig (2x4) G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3-1600
Powercolor HD5870 PCS+
OCZ Agility 2 240G SSD (boot, programs, games)
WD Caviar Black 1TB (Data)
CM UCP RS700-AAAAA3 700W 80+ Silver PSU
CM Storm Sniper
Gateway FHD2400
Win 7 Pro 64bit
werty316
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by werty316 »

Only real reason for Vista was DX10 and with "Windows 7" coming, DX10 is not coming to XP nor was it ever gonna. DX10 on XP would kill of Vista and Microsoft wouldn't want that to happen.
There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of animals Chuck Norris allows to live.
Zelig
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Zelig »

martini161 wrote:Care to explain your point of view? (sorry to the op for going a bit off topic but i just have to ask
In short:
  • Better performance with high end hardware.
  • Better features without the need for numerous third-party programs.
  • Numerous "under the hood" improvements, from drivers, to audio, to security.
I've probably discussed Vista enough on forums that I could carry on any further discussion by just quoting myself... a general summary on Vista which works well for me: If your system comes with it, use it. If it doesn't, don't upgrade.
martini161
Mr Awesome
Mr Awesome

Post by martini161 »

Zelig wrote:
martini161 wrote:Care to explain your point of view? (sorry to the op for going a bit off topic but i just have to ask
In short:
  • Better performance with high end hardware.
  • Better features without the need for numerous third-party programs.
  • Numerous "under the hood" improvements, from drivers, to audio, to security.
I've probably discussed Vista enough on forums that I could carry on any further discussion by just quoting myself... a general summary on Vista which works well for me: If your system comes with it, use it. If it doesn't, don't upgrade.
ok, i just thought you were saying xp is a thing of the past and anyone who doesnt update is obsolete :rolleyes: