gaming mouse pads.

This is the place to discuss the latest computer hardware issues and technology. Please keep the discussion ON TOPIC!
muell
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

gaming mouse pads.

Post by muell »

I was talking to some people I met in a night school server class im taking and I found out that they go to gaming tournaments and some how our conversation got on the topic of hardware and then mouse pads for gaming. I told them I just used my desktop, no mouse pad. They looked at me like I was crazy and said I should get a good mouse pad. They both use Icemats.
Is there really a noticeble difference in these expensive mouse pads?
x0dyssey
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by x0dyssey »

uhm i dunno i have used several mousepads, the only difference i have noticed was the speed at which the mouse will move on the pad . also dont have to worry about it jumping due to a splinter or too much reflection. I have tried the ratz pad, its nice, but i think the money is better spent on a nice dpi mouse or laser mouse IMO.
Nothing can have value without being an object of utility.

Karl Marx
Alathald
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Alathald »

I have a high res 1600dpi mouse (razer diamondback) and while I've used those highquality pads (couple friends have them) I can't see dropping more than $5-10 for a pad. It is nice to have a uniform mouse pad but is by no means necessary. Besides, the mouse I bought has on-the-fly sensitivity so that if the mouse speed is not to my liking, a new speed is one button away.

Then again if you a hardcore l33t gamer, you may get some benefit from the pad that I just don't get...

Personnally, they're not for me but to each his own I guess
moon111
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by moon111 »

I bought my ratpadz GS for like $4.99 ... canadian. Cheap. Works good. Never go back to a foam mouse pad.
Sporg
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Sporg »

I can see getting a good pad depending on the surface you have at home. My desk surface is black and works great without a mouse, but the surface my wife uses is a glossy wood and she needs the pad. If you are going to LAN parties or gaming tournaments, then I can see getting a nice big pad so that you have a good surface that you know will work. Some people like to have all the accessories, but when you get down to it "it's all in the hips..."
I would never die for my beliefs because I might be wrong.
~Bertrand Russell
Dragon_Cooler
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Dragon_Cooler »

Read my review on the titan mouse pad....

http://forums.legitreviews.com/viewtopic.php?t=7348
but to answer your question, yes there is a big differance in using mouse pads. However its all on what you are use to and are good with. If you game well with your desktop then by all means keep using your desktop.
Alathald
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Alathald »

Dragon_Cooler wrote:Read my review on the titan mouse pad....
Oh the shameless plug... :mrgreen:

J/k congrats on the 1st review D_C, it's a good read, quite 'gripping' :drinkers: