Chassis INtruded

This is the place to discuss the latest computer hardware issues and technology. Please keep the discussion ON TOPIC!
slayer22
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Chassis INtruded

Post by slayer22 »

ok i've built my computer but didnt turn it on. im back from holidays and i turn it on..guess what? i get a chassis intruded error ,fatal error . system halted. i try resetting the CMOS which works but after i install xp and it restarts i get the same error. the only way to pass this chassis intruded error is by resseting the CMOS+ chassis jumper below the battery

comp specs
asus p5k-e wifi
e6750 c2d cpu
2X1GB Kingston ram
asus 8600gt
360GB WD hdd
antec 900
antec true trio PSU

help would be appreciated . thank you
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Chassis INtruded

Post by Apoptosis »

I got that the other day when I left my ASUS P5E3 off for a few days.. had that error pop up... powered down and restarted.... everything was fine. Haven't seen it since. Anyway, can you get into the BIOS to disable the sensor?
slayer22
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by slayer22 »

i resetted the CMOS by taking out the battery move the chassis jump from 1-2 to 2-3 for 30secs then move it to 1-2 again and wait 16secs and put on the battery again ..thats the only way to get into the bios and when i go in theres nothing to disable it..i've flashed the bios twice
DMB2000uk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DMB2000uk »

Put the jumper back on the bottom two pins on the chassis jumpers (top right of the mobo), that should disable it.

Dan
Image (<- Clickable)