New Q6600 build benchmark + pics

This is the place to discuss the latest computer hardware issues and technology. Please keep the discussion ON TOPIC!
ibleet
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

New Q6600 build benchmark + pics

Post by ibleet »

Here is the first benchmark. :mrgreen:

Overclock - Q6600 to 3.4Ghz on air, XFX card to 800/1050, ram at 4-4-4-15, 800mhz - still more room to overclock but not pushing my luck. My son and I are pleased with the results! 8)

DMB2000uk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: New Q6600 build benchmark + pics

Post by DMB2000uk »

Jealous. Very Jealous :axe:

Dan
Image (<- Clickable)
maj0r_pawnage
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by maj0r_pawnage »

pretty sweet :supz:
E6300 @ 3.51GHz 1.392v
Asus Maximus Formula
Antec 550Watt Psu
Mushkin DDR-1206@ 5-5-5-15 / 2.28v
Zalman CPU Cooler CNPS7700
6408800GTS(OC 691MHz Core/2.132GHz Mem)
2x80mm case fans +2x120mm case fans
martini161
Mr Awesome
Mr Awesome

Post by martini161 »

what kinda mobo is that?
Bio-Hazard
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Bio-Hazard »

Nice rig, now clean up those wires............... :mrgreen:
ibleet
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by ibleet »

Hahaha, the wires are an abortion for sure. At the last minute I had to swap out the Corsair 620 for the 520 and he never cleaned up the mess. We did the build and overclock together, but he's on his own with housekeeping. :mrgreen:

I'm jealous too Dan... :lol: His 3DMark06 score beat mine by over 2,000. I'm seeing first hand how CPU intensive that benchmark is. His quad was showing 3 fps on the cpu part, which I had never seen before. My E6750 struggles to get 1 fps. He is a bit upset that his Lightsmark score was only marginally better than mine, so that one isn't nearly as CPU dependent.

Q6600 3.4Ghz Go Stepping
Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro
Corsair 520HX
Gigabyte P35 DS3L
4GB (2x2Gb) OCZ Reaper DDR2-800
XFX 8800GTS (G92) 512
Seagate 320Gb HDD
Samsung DVD Burner
Sunbeam Transformer Case
Windows XP Pro

Thanks for the nice comments guys...LR made it all possible!
Bwall
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Bwall »

Nice rig for sure! When does it start folding? :)
GenG
Legit User
Legit User

Post by GenG »

you should try overclocking that GFX. I have seen some pretty mad overclocks with the G92.
ibleet
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by ibleet »

GenG wrote:you should try overclocking that GFX. I have seen some pretty mad overclocks with the G92.
You don't think that 800/1050 (2100) is overclocked enough? Thats pushing it pretty hard in my opinion, considering its 650/1940 at stock.

Did you think my 3DMark score was too low? I can't figure out what you mean by this.
GenG
Legit User
Legit User

Post by GenG »

sorry, i read over the post quickly and missed the card clocks.
bandieramonte
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by bandieramonte »

I congratulate you, that's a very nice score you got for your machine. You knew that overclocking could help you attain higher levels of score. This is also good news for me because I, in some days, will receive my machine, which is exactly the same as yours, but got SLI. Heck, the overclocking I will apply is even the same, except for the video cards, I will leave its factory overclocking at 730 Mhz core clock default (MSI), I don't want to push the video cards too much. Your 800 Mhz overclocking is respectable.

I'm wondering by what extent will the score increase if SLiing. I will post back here when my machine finally arrives and I've already overclocked.
ibleet
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by ibleet »

bandieramonte wrote: I'm wondering by what extent will the score increase if SLiing. I will post back here when my machine finally arrives and I've already overclocked.
Thanks!

So, you are going to run dual 8800GTS SLI? Wow, thats awesome! I am very curious to see what your scores are! My son wanted to run SLI but I talked him out of it. He is now waiting for the release of the 9xxx nVidia cards and getting a dual GPU when it comes out.

Ya I agree with pushing the video cards...he runs his at 800 but that is about as high as you can go without issues. I personally run mine at 740, which I feel is plenty fast.

What board did you get, and are you going to run XP or Vista?

Congrats on your new system. Keep me posted on your build and your scores...LOTS OF PICS. 8)
bandieramonte
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by bandieramonte »

Well, my situation is difficult because I bought my machine last year and still I'm waiting to get it... I live in Venezuela and merchandise here lasts A LOT to arrive. So, by last year, no one was even thinking about the 9xxx series cards, and I think the 8800 GTS 512 was the best choice back then (heck by now, is even one of the best choices still). If I had to buy now, I would wait till I see benches and prices from the 9xxx series...
I will leave both cards at 730 Mhz, but If I feel greedy on Crysis, I will overclock and see if there are some substantial gains at high settings (I don't even think of very high settings).
I got the Nforce 680 SLI Diamond from MSI, which has also a space for a probable PPU I would insert in the future, if its use is increasingly justified.
I will run my system using Vista because my major interest is to play DX10 games such as Crysis, WiC and UT3. I will then see by myself if my system gets many lags here. But if so, I'm doomed, cause I got no other choice (DX10 is only available on Vista)

Now, sure I'll post lots of pics, but I can't believe it, I've been told that I still have to wait approximately 3 weeks for my machine to arrive!!!! ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) It's not easy to see how many new video cards are released, as well as new processors, and still I haven't been able to enjoy my system because of countrywide distance.

Take care.
Bandieramonte.
ibleet
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by ibleet »

I feel your pain! I hate waiting when I order something.

Yes, the 8800GTS is an awesome card and I can only imagine the performance of SLI. nVidia once again pushed back the release date of the 9xxx series cards anyway.

You should be able to run Crysis on very high settings with 2 of those cards.I run it on high settings with a single card averaging between 30 and 40 fps.

Keep me posted on how the 680 board overclocks. I don't have any experience overclocking with a board that doesn't have Intel chipsets so I'm curious.

Best of luck with the system. I hope it arrives soon for you.
bandieramonte
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by bandieramonte »

Well, I have researched and found out that the nforce 680 does overclock well, better than its simpler nforce 650 version. But that's just the theory, I will see in the practice. I don't know how does it compares to intel chipsets, but I think that intel chipsets overclock better. Anyways, I will post back and see which one overclocks better, and learn something useful.

I'm planning to run crysis on my upcoming machine at high detail and on 1920x1080 res, but with no AA. I hope I can reach playable FPS. As soon as I get my machine, I will post up all details, scores and benches. It may be a month till I post back here again. :|

I wish you the best experience with your new Q6600 build.