11-year-old takes school network by the horns

This is the place to discuss the latest computer hardware issues and technology. Please keep the discussion ON TOPIC!
Post Reply
User avatar
dicecca112
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 5013
Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2004 10:40 am
Contact:

11-year-old takes school network by the horns

Post by dicecca112 » Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:15 pm

Image

User avatar
DMB2000uk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7095
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2005 5:36 pm
Location: UK

Re: 11-year-old takes school network by the horns

Post by DMB2000uk » Sun Mar 30, 2008 3:09 pm

Man, if that kid ever got tempted by the dark side of computers (like hacking), in a few years he'd be a force to reckon with.

Dan
Image (<- Clickable)

User avatar
Alathald
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist
Posts: 1632
Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:55 pm
Location: Southern Ohio
Contact:

Re: 11-year-old takes school network by the horns

Post by Alathald » Sun Mar 30, 2008 3:13 pm

DMB2000uk wrote:Man, if that kid ever got tempted by the dark side of computers (like hacking), in a few years he'd be a force to reckon with.

Dan
Come on, whose not tempted by the dark side every now and then :finga: A+ Cert at the age of eleven, now that's a computer geek! :P
Image

User avatar
maj0r_pawnage
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist
Posts: 408
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2007 7:16 pm
Location: Toronto Ontario

Re: 11-year-old takes school network by the horns

Post by maj0r_pawnage » Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:36 pm

Alathald wrote:
DMB2000uk wrote:Man, if that kid ever got tempted by the dark side of computers (like hacking), in a few years he'd be a force to reckon with.

Dan
Come on, whose not tempted by the dark side every now and then :finga: A+ Cert at the age of eleven, now that's a computer geek! :P
thats a nerd :D, geek is someone who plays computer games 24/7 but doesn't really know anything about how they work lol, ie 13yr old WoW player
E6300 @ 3.51GHz 1.392v
Asus Maximus Formula
Antec 550Watt Psu
Mushkin [email protected] 5-5-5-15 / 2.28v
Zalman CPU Cooler CNPS7700
6408800GTS(OC 691MHz Core/2.132GHz Mem)
2x80mm case fans +2x120mm case fans

User avatar
Alathald
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist
Posts: 1632
Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:55 pm
Location: Southern Ohio
Contact:

Re: 11-year-old takes school network by the horns

Post by Alathald » Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:03 pm

maj0r_pawnage wrote:thats a nerd :D, geek is someone who plays computer games 24/7 but doesn't really know anything about how they work lol, ie 13yr old WoW player
Haha, true enough :P though I've got the best qualities of both 8-[
Image

User avatar
stopthekilling77
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist
Posts: 2192
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:08 pm
Location: Colorado, USA
Contact:

Re: 11-year-old takes school network by the horns

Post by stopthekilling77 » Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:59 pm

hardcore kudos to him! :) i remember helping my teachers with basic stuff throughout grade school but wow, i don't think i could have done a better job than he did at this point in my life lol

kid's got a bright future ahead of him =D>
MSI 970A-G43
AMD Phenom II X4 965BE @ 3.5 GHz
10 GB DDR3 1333 CAS-7
GeForce GTX 650 Ti OC 2GB
2TB Seagate HDD, 1TB WD HDD for backups,
Antec P-180B, Antec 450W PSU
ASUS 27" LED LCD Monitor
someday I will get a real GPU and some SSD's... :goodman:

User avatar
eva2000
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist
Posts: 270
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2003 1:12 am
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Contact:

Re: 11-year-old takes school network by the horns

Post by eva2000 » Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:13 am

wow kids are starting young these days!

I didn't own my first pc until i was 18yrs old LOL

Post Reply