Page 9 of 11

Re: So I just ran speedtest at school.....

Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:56 am
by Apoptosis
Got some crazy download speeds this morning at 6am...

Ran a test -


Download Speed: 59.39 Mbps (7.42 MB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 4.22 Mbps (0.53 MB/sec transfer rate)
Latency: 48 ms
Friday, July 27, 2012 5:52:18 AM

Download Speed: 56.54 Mbps (7.07 MB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 4.21 Mbps (0.53 MB/sec transfer rate)
Latency: 46 ms
Friday, July 27, 2012 5:55:46 AM

Holy crap... never been this fast at home before on the download speeds. Double what I am paying for!

Re: So I just ran speedtest at school.....

Posted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:09 am
by Apoptosis
ARM HQ

Image

Re: So I just ran speedtest at school.....

Posted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:20 am
by bubba
bah... good day here at work. Normally the connection barely breaks 0.75 down.... must be a meeting no one is screwing around on the net LOL

Image

Re: So I just ran speedtest at school.....

Posted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:16 pm
by Major_A
Have you tried http://speedof.me/? Seems like a more accurate test on my end and it doesn't rely on a server side client that may or may not be getting hammered when you run the test.

Re: So I just ran speedtest at school.....

Posted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:56 pm
by Kaos Kid
My speeds tend to vary from one test to the next, I know last night I had trouble getting more than 10-15Mbps download, but I got this just a few minutes ago. This is wireless from my new DIR850L and a Rosewill RNX-N600UBE USB adapter. My package is Home 30Mbps/4Mbps

Image

Re: So I just ran speedtest at school.....

Posted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:02 am
by bubba
Major_A wrote:Have you tried http://speedof.me/? Seems like a more accurate test on my end and it doesn't rely on a server side client that may or may not be getting hammered when you run the test.
This is about what "normal" is ](*,) 440Kb/s down, 2.31Mb/s up
Image

And 8 minutes later: 690Kb/s down, 2.51Mb/s up
Image



](*,)


Bonded T1's being ridden like a rented mule. Perfect world should be 3.0Mb/s both ways, but some of one T1 is taken by the phone system leaving 2.5Mb/s for data.... for 60 users.

Been begging for an upgrade to fiber service, which would bump us up to 30Mb up/down.... but they wont. Before I lost my unlimited LTE data plan I would download stuff on my phone, then transfer it to my PC.

Re: So I just ran speedtest at school.....

Posted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:40 am
by Kaos Kid
Man that has to suck being an IT guy for a company that is so cheap. Hell, Charter business is only about $50 I think for 30mbps down. It must feel like dial-up every time you get on the PC.


Here is one I just ran using SpeedOf.Me

http://speedof.me/show.php?img=130701020150-11751.png

I had to just post the link, for some reason it wouldn't take the image, the post window said "It was not possible to determine the dimensions of the image".

Re: So I just ran speedtest at school.....

Posted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:17 am
by Apoptosis
so-so
130709001816-12408.png
130709001816-12408.png (24.18 KiB) Viewed 9644 times

Re: So I just ran speedtest at school.....

Posted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:24 pm
by Major_A
So-so? Your upload speeds are almost as fast as my download speeds. Hooray for only 1 ISP in my area!

Image

Re: So I just ran speedtest at school.....

Posted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:50 pm
by InspectahACE
Image

HOLY SH!T !!! :shock: ...all I did was upgrade to CAT 6 on my cables. Gonna have to check some other servers

Re: So I just ran speedtest at school.....

Posted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:38 am
by bubba
InspectahACE wrote:HOLY SH!T !!! :shock: ...all I did was upgrade to CAT 6 on my cables. Gonna have to check some other servers
CAT5e/6/6a are only ones rated for GB+ speeds, and they have better noise handling than old CAT5.

CAT6 STP (shielded twisted pair) cable is all I use, stranded for patch cables, and from wall to equipment. Solid for In wall and runs over 50ft.

For the most part 5e will suit most, but I hate running cable. So CAT6 is what I run, and should be for a long while.

Re: So I just ran speedtest at school.....

Posted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:08 am
by DJ Tucker
Image

now thats an upgrade if ever i saw one. costing me £10 a month less for 3 times faster download and 9 times better upload. result :supz:

Re: So I just ran speedtest at school.....

Posted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:02 am
by Major_A
I officially hate you. :-P My 5Mb/s connection is craptastic.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Re: So I just ran speedtest at school.....

Posted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:46 am
by bubba
I FINALLY got the ok from the boss to update the service here at work to dedicated symetrical 20MB/s fiber... May can't get here fast enough.

Re: So I just ran speedtest at school.....

Posted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:53 pm
by sgkean
Didn't like the dimensions of my image either LOL

http://speedof.me/show.php?img=140210125547-30394.png

Down: 10.96
Up: 11.96

From my test machine in the office. Wonder what it'd give first thing in the morning when I'm the only one here...

Re: So I just ran speedtest at school.....

Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:54 pm
by Spamburger
Do I win points?

Image

Re: So I just ran speedtest at school.....

Posted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:47 am
by Kaos Kid
^^^ LIKE!!! ^^^

I just read in the paper that Charter is supposed to upgrade the St Louis internet market to 100Mbs from 30Mbs for no additional charge, we'll see if that really happens. I know when they upgraded all cable services to digital (thus needing to rent a box even if you were on standard def and only basic tier) and it was supposed to free up bandwidth, but to be honest my cable TV signal has seem degradation instead, sometimes I get pixelation on some channels or audio dropout so their MP4 transcoding leaves something to be desired. It sucks to not have a viable hardline cable TV competitor in St Louis.

Re: So I just ran speedtest at school.....

Posted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:26 am
by InspectahACE
Kaos Kid wrote: I just read in the paper that Charter is supposed to upgrade the St Louis internet market to 100Mbs from 30Mbs for no additional charge, we'll see if that really happens.

Cox did that to my line recently. however they rather shifted me on my upload compared to what it was earlier this year.

Image

Re: So I just ran speedtest at school.....

Posted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:13 am
by Sparky
Time Warner finally went all digital in my area.

Re: So I just ran speedtest at school.....

Posted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:12 pm
by brentsg
Kaos Kid wrote:^^^ LIKE!!! ^^^

I just read in the paper that Charter is supposed to upgrade the St Louis internet market to 100Mbs from 30Mbs for no additional charge, we'll see if that really happens. I know when they upgraded all cable services to digital (thus needing to rent a box even if you were on standard def and only basic tier) and it was supposed to free up bandwidth, but to be honest my cable TV signal has seem degradation instead, sometimes I get pixelation on some channels or audio dropout so their MP4 transcoding leaves something to be desired. It sucks to not have a viable hardline cable TV competitor in St Louis.
I have Charter Business for my ISP, but it's good to hear that they're doing upgrades. Knock on wood, but I don't have anything to complain about as of late. It's been rock solid for me. I don't know if it's just coincidence, but when I was on their consumer services it was beyond terrible.

Image