P2P hogging bandwidth?

This is the place to discuss the latest computer hardware issues and technology. Please keep the discussion ON TOPIC!
martini161
Mr Awesome
Mr Awesome

P2P hogging bandwidth?

Post by martini161 »

For some reason, my P2P client seems to be hogging up all my bandwidth, which is insane (considering i have a 25/5 fiber line) ive got it set to a reasonable upload and download rate maximum, but even still, when its running everything else on my computer (games, Folding, Firefox) cant even access the internet. i have 2 ethernet ports, is it possible to set it up so that only p2p goes through 1 port (or one local ip) and have everything else go through something else?
DMB2000uk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: P2P hogging bandwidth?

Post by DMB2000uk »

All those linux ISO's must be pretty laborious on your connection. :finga:

Does changing the maximum number of connections allowed effect anything?

What are you current caps on the Up/Down?

Dan
Image (<- Clickable)
DX
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by DX »

use a router that can prioritize by physical port or ip. That is your quicker easier solution. Unless it is running on the same box and then you are looking at a router that can prioritize by the ip port used. I think smoothwall could do it. It can do anything from what I have been told.
AMD 960T OC'ed to 4gz
ASRock 970 EXTREME4 AM3+ AMD 970
2 X G.SKILL Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2133 (PC3 17000)(16gb)
EVGA SuperClocked 02G-P4-2682-KR GeForce GTX 680 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16
martini161
Mr Awesome
Mr Awesome

Post by martini161 »

i think its unlimited down and 250 up, and yes, these are both on one box. ill have to try out the max connections thing, im busy trying out crysis warhead :finga:
Topher
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Topher »

im busy trying out crysis warhead
How is that by the way? I seen it at Target and almost picked up a copy. I bought Crysis and even upgraded my PC to play it at it's higest (or near highest ) settings. Although the game was beautiful, and interesting, I thought it was way too short.
martini161
Mr Awesome
Mr Awesome

Post by martini161 »

Topher wrote:
im busy trying out crysis warhead
How is that by the way? I seen it at Target and almost picked up a copy. I bought Crysis and even upgraded my PC to play it at it's higest (or near highest ) settings. Although the game was beautiful, and interesting, I thought it was way too short.
this ones a bit harder on the gfx :rolleyes: lots more particles and complex lighting. overall though, i like it, its like the first crysis but instead of focusing on stealth it focuses more on mass destruction