Rebates and you

This is the place to discuss the latest computer hardware issues and technology. Please keep the discussion ON TOPIC!
DX
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Rebates and you

Post by DX »

Patience and vigilance are the words here. Being calm and rational are key to getting your money. I recently got a EVGA 9600gso with a $40 rebate that will once the check is received a steal at 45 bucks. I like many others am also a procrastinator. I waited 27 days before sending it in =) But I did get it sent in on time. Shortly after that I got a notice from rebatetracker.com saying that it had been rejected because of invalid date. I had seen EVGA post on Newegg before that they don't tolerate rebate shenanigans. So I simply emailed a copy of my invoice and calmly and politely explained how there must have been an error somewhere and if they could please look it over and correct the error. I expected it to take a week or two before they would get to me but in less than a week I got the response that they had found the error, have corrected it and that I should be seeing my check in 15 days. The error? Evidently Newegg had the wrong rebate form posted or I got the wrong EVGA rebate form. In any case the person looking over my rebate information found it to be otherwise accurate and resubmitted it on the correct form for me. NOW that is service :supz: :supz: :supz: I'll update once I get my rebate in.
Last edited by DX on Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
AMD 960T OC'ed to 4gz
ASRock 970 EXTREME4 AM3+ AMD 970
2 X G.SKILL Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2133 (PC3 17000)(16gb)
EVGA SuperClocked 02G-P4-2682-KR GeForce GTX 680 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16
Soliex
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Re: Rebates and you

Post by Soliex »

I always did like EVGA, glad you got your rebate comming.

Im about to purchase a new computer and theres about 6 or 7 rebates for what im getting. I will be lucky to get them all.
Skippman
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Skippman »

I'm hoping I can double dip on the killer OCZ memory deal yesterday and claim the rebate as well.
Nobahar
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Nobahar »

I agree with patience on rebates. Only word of caution though, when you cut up your box for the UPC and send it in you void your ability to return the item even if it is a malfunctional part. Obviously test the product right away, but some problems don't manifest until later. Hope you're not that unlucky, but that's in the fine print most places.
DX
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by DX »

Any repair issues will require I send the card into EVGA. Nothing is void only the ability to send it back to Newegg.
AMD 960T OC'ed to 4gz
ASRock 970 EXTREME4 AM3+ AMD 970
2 X G.SKILL Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2133 (PC3 17000)(16gb)
EVGA SuperClocked 02G-P4-2682-KR GeForce GTX 680 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16