Xbox 360 + VGA Adapter = Fail?

This is the place to discuss the latest computer hardware issues and technology. Please keep the discussion ON TOPIC!
fatefirst
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Xbox 360 + VGA Adapter = Fail?

Post by fatefirst »

I am having some problems with my xbox 360 and a AV to VGA adapter that plugs into a spare montior I have.

I know the Xbox 360 video cable is working fine(tested it on a normal TV: both HD and TV).

The montior is working fine with VGA tested it with a computer.

The adapter is works fine with 24" Acer Monitor(friend of mine), but when trying to use it on my LG it does not display a picture at all.

I messed around with the video settings on the 360. Nothing seems to work am I going to have to bite the bullet on an actually Xbox 360 VGA cable?

I have searched the internet for forums on this issue, nothing has my exact issue anywhere (I have searched). Thought I should visit Legitreviews for some help.

Montior Spec.:
http://www.lcdnfo.com/html/LG_Flatron_L ... nitor.html
InspectahACE
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Xbox 360 + VGA Adapter = Fail?

Post by InspectahACE »

well..with that monitor id say the xbox vga cable might be the only way...judging from an outsiders point anyway(i dont have an xbox)..only other thing i can think of is using the component cables to the video card with the s-video adapter(assuming you have one that came with the card)..you would probably need a program to utilize that s-video/component cable too(like a media center type thing such as ATI's Catalyst Media Center or somethin else)..that worked for me when i hooked up my N64 to my monitor..
i9-9900k | ASUS Maximus XI Hero | ASUS Strix RTX 2070 Super | 32GB G.Skill Trident RGB DDR4-3600 | Cooler Master ML360L AIO | Seagate Firecuda 510 1TB NVME SSD | Tt ToughPower RGB 850W PSU | Sound Blaster Z | LL PC-O11 Dynamic | ASUS Gladius II Mouse | ASUS Strix Scope RX| ASUS VG259QMM 24" 240hz monitor | Windows 11 Pro
fatefirst
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Re: Xbox 360 + VGA Adapter = Fail?

Post by fatefirst »

Alrighty then I might just have to bite the bullet. Thanks