TigerDirect.com Drops EVGA Products From Its Retail Site

This is the place to discuss the latest computer hardware issues and technology. Please keep the discussion ON TOPIC!
Tim Burton
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: TigerDirect.com Drops EVGA Products From Its Retail Site

Post by Tim Burton »

cardnyl wrote:With the level of customer service I've received from egg over the years I can't imagine dealing with anyone but them. TD might have changed their policies with regards to the manufacturers that no longer benefits EVGA.
The Egg's CS has gone down hill. I hate their new shipping methods, I hate the fact that they accept any order, even if you accidently made a CC entry mistake and don't report it on the next page, but you have to check your email and sometimes they won't send you an email with the issue for hours making you miss the shipping window.

NCIXUS has been a dream to work with, but about 2.50 more than Egg.
slugbug
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by slugbug »

No great loss here, Tigerdirect.ca's prices are usually too high anyway.
cardnyl
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by cardnyl »

Tim Burton wrote:
cardnyl wrote:With the level of customer service I've received from egg over the years I can't imagine dealing with anyone but them. TD might have changed their policies with regards to the manufacturers that no longer benefits EVGA.
The Egg's CS has gone down hill. I hate their new shipping methods, I hate the fact that they accept any order, even if you accidently made a CC entry mistake and don't report it on the next page, but you have to check your email and sometimes they won't send you an email with the issue for hours making you miss the shipping window.

NCIXUS has been a dream to work with, but about 2.50 more than Egg.
I think the only time I was ever displeased with the egg (this wasn't entirely their fault) was when they shipped me something using the 3-7 day ground method instead of their 3 day select or whatever its called. The package was picked up by DHL moved around and then passed off to the US Postal Service. Problem is they really suck about updating package status/whereabouts and the item was ordered the day after xmas so I wasn't sure when it would actually arrive making it hard to plan in advance to have someone sign for the item or pick it up off the door step so it wouldn't be stolen. Had I known it was going to get handed off to the USPS I would have shelled out for the speedy delivery.

I haven't had any of the CC issues you mentioned but I did notice they offer to save your CC info for future purchases if your cool with it. I'll give NCIXUS a whirl though thanks for the tip.
smack323
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by smack323 »

80% of my purchases are from newegg. The other 20% being from amazon. Besides last minute xmas gifts I dont even remeber the last thing I purchased and a store. (electronics related) I never really liked to deal with Tiger.
Core i5-6500 - Corsair Vengence 16GB DDR4 2133 - MSI 2080Ti - Antec 750W - Crucial 525GB SSD - Windows 10 64bit - ASUS 32" LED
Kougar
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Kougar »

Given TigerDirect's rather gray history and large percentage of negative customer experiences I don't shop with them. They never have the lowest price anyway though, so it's no loss.
XstollieX wrote:
Kougar wrote:Probably just a stock issue and they didn't receive a date on when they could expect more in.
It says it's a deactivated product at the egg. (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6814150333)
Hmm. Could mean anything, but I still would guess XFX changed the SKU such as with an overclocked model or different bundle package? Or they simply aren't going to get any new shipments in, who knows.
Core i7 920 @ 4.2GHz 1.36v
Gigabyte GA-X58-UD5
Under Water
XstollieX
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by XstollieX »

Looks like evga is back on tigerdirect.com
slugbug
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by slugbug »

No word from EVGA on why their products were initially removed from TigerDirect's site.
annosoct09
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by annosoct09 »

Oh !
what's wrong with this site ?

Can you plz tell me the full stories about that site ?
Sowser
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by Sowser »

Ahhh Zombie post risen from the graaaaave... :axe: In short nothing is wrong with Tiger Direct. There was a brief evga removal of products that was shortly restored. If you like their prices buy from them. I've had good service with the products I've bought.
Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.