The What does your desktop look like? Thread *56k Warnning*

This is the place to discuss the latest computer hardware issues and technology. Please keep the discussion ON TOPIC!
Bigedmond
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by Bigedmond »

killswitch83
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by killswitch83 »

was "dubya's" head photoshopped in on that one, rofl? that's crazy :rolleyes:
sbohdan
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by sbohdan »

that's funny. I allways thought Bush had a monkey look- but this picture needs no comments :mrgreen:
Main rig: NZXT Phantom modded case with Danger Den WC, Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite, Ryzen 5800X @ stock, 32GB Patriot Viper DDR4 3200Mhz 16-18-18-36-1T, AMD RX 5700XT + AlphaCool WC, ACER Nitro XV2 27", SP 1TB nvme PCiE GEN3, Samsung 2TB; Cooler Master MW Gold 650W, Win10 Pro 64
my complete GFX tuneup & cooling mod: http://forums.legitreviews.com/viewtopi ... highlight=
gvblake22
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by gvblake22 »

HAHAHAHAHA Bigedmond :lol:
Bigedmond
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by Bigedmond »

yea, i liked it. if anyone wants it, let me know and ill host it so you can download it.
sbohdan
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by sbohdan »

I want it :mrgreen:
Main rig: NZXT Phantom modded case with Danger Den WC, Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite, Ryzen 5800X @ stock, 32GB Patriot Viper DDR4 3200Mhz 16-18-18-36-1T, AMD RX 5700XT + AlphaCool WC, ACER Nitro XV2 27", SP 1TB nvme PCiE GEN3, Samsung 2TB; Cooler Master MW Gold 650W, Win10 Pro 64
my complete GFX tuneup & cooling mod: http://forums.legitreviews.com/viewtopi ... highlight=
Kerii
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Kerii »

sbohdan wrote:I want it :mrgreen:
I wonder how hard it would be to redo Breen's face so that we could actually have Bushy in the game. :P :lol:
killswitch83
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by killswitch83 »

lol, it would be like Juggernaut on Halo 2, but with Bush being the Juggernaut all the time, lol :axe:
Bigedmond
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by Bigedmond »

http://www.johnedmond.com/ar15/bush.jpg

here you go, thats the jpg. i got it off fark about 5 months ago.

BTW, if you check out one of the most recent photoshop threads, you might just see one of my photoshops. Warning, its a deep cut, and maybe seriously offend people, but i felt it had to be done.
Dragon_Cooler
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Dragon_Cooler »

here is my dual display setup, nothing too fansy

[img]ftp://mulanserving.homeftp.net/Dual%20Screen.JPG[/img]
Kerii
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Kerii »

Bigedmond wrote:http://www.johnedmond.com/ar15/bush.jpg

here you go, thats the jpg. i got it off fark about 5 months ago.

BTW, if you check out one of the most recent photoshop threads, you might just see one of my photoshops. Warning, its a deep cut, and maybe seriously offend people, but i felt it had to be done.
Thanks. Might not make it to my desktop as wallpaper, but I'm definitely archiving this. :lol:

I'm a bit of a neat freak when I do get around to cleaning up my computer. :rolleyes:
killswitch83
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by killswitch83 »

niiice, is Server 2003 any good btw?
Dragon_Cooler
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Dragon_Cooler »

killswitch83 wrote:niiice, is Server 2003 any good btw?
yes, that is what i have running onm my computer because my xp disc pooped out on me. The only thing that isnt compatible that i have found so far is my logitech mx-518 setpoint and my old mx-700 duo software. Its kind of a pain at the start to get it setup for a workstation but its really stable.
Kerii
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Kerii »

killswitch83 wrote:niiice, is Server 2003 any good btw?
Been running it for almost a year now, if it has crashed, I don't remember, lol. Well, except for the few times where I tried doing some major mixing while playing with a SBLive I got off eBay, but that was mostly my fault, lol.

Software and hardware compatibilities are of course stricter than XP Pro, but nothing serious. Had to rip the DOOM3 CD and modify the MSI file with Orca to skip the OS check and then repack it, mount it with DAEMON, and then I was able to install. But other than that, works wonderfully. :mrgreen:
killswitch83
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by killswitch83 »

sounds complex if you've never had to do that before (::Raises hand::), but maybe it isn't bad to do. I bet it's not as strict as 2000 Professional was when it came out, lol.
Kerii
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Kerii »

killswitch83 wrote:sounds complex if you've never had to do that before (::Raises hand::), but maybe it isn't bad to do. I bet it's not as strict as 2000 Professional was when it came out, lol.
I thought it was pretty complex at first too, but then I went and actually did it and can't believe how simple it was.

There's a simple tutorial available here:
http://www.flexbeta.net/main/comments.p ... wnews=8506
killswitch83
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by killswitch83 »

wow, not bad at all. it does look nice and simple. now I'll go out and find a copy. I like XP Pro, but if server 2003 is more stable than XP Pro then I would be inclined to go with it.
Dragon_Cooler
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Dragon_Cooler »

killswitch83 wrote:wow, not bad at all. it does look nice and simple. now I'll go out and find a copy. I like XP Pro, but if server 2003 is more stable than XP Pro then I would be inclined to go with it.
well 2003 is a little more complex than xp, like i said setting it up for a workstation does require some work, and there are known compatability issues with it. i was lucky they made the g15 compatible with it. Just be 4warned!!
Kerii
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Kerii »

More guides:
"How to convert your Windows Server 2003... to a Workstation!"
http://www.msfn.org/win2k3 :mrgreen:
killswitch83
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by killswitch83 »

very informative, though instabilities still exist, but hey I'm sure there are some with XP Pro as well. I know of one.....it's called WIA, and it doesn't like older HP photo printer software, lol. It clashes like hell, and the only reason why I know this is because I built a machine for my buddy, he installed this older HP Memories software on his system (had a new PhotoSmart), and it gave him randon BSOD's. Hardware checked, Windows checked, found out it was the POS HP software, not to mention he tried to use a legacy device with XP Pro, something else I found it doesn't like by default (guy was utterly idiotic to say the least, but I set him straight, heheh). I figure, just so long as I can game, set up a kick-ass AV and Firewall, and do everything I could with XP Pro, then why not :)