Newegg shipping change?

This is the place to discuss the latest computer hardware issues and technology. Please keep the discussion ON TOPIC!
vicaphit
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Newegg shipping change?

Post by vicaphit »

Well, when you live in saskatchewan, I think 5 days is great!

DHL just plain sucks, and I can't wait until they don't ship in the US.
----
Andy

New Rig: Intel Q6600 (2.7ghz), ASUS P5KC, 4GB DDR2-800, Palit 9600GT (1GB), Ultra X3 1KW (thanks LR!), Vista 64bit
Dell Rig: AMD Athlon X2 4000+ (2.1ghz), 2 GB DDR2 Ram, MSI 8800GT (512MB), Vista 32bit

PSN: VICaphit
stopthekilling77
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by stopthekilling77 »

Guess I'll pay the extra $20 for Fedex then, I'm going to want my parts ASAP :mrgreen:
Cyberpower generic case
B450M PRO-VDH MAX
Ryzen 5 3600 w/PBO/OC
CM Hyper 212 EVO push/pull
Corsair VENGEANCE LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3600 CL16
MSI RTX 3060 Ti Ventus 3X 8G OC LHR
Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB
6GB Seagate HDD
EVGA 650BQ 650W PSU
ASUS VE278 27" monitor, Dell E2216HV (vertical)
Logitech Z533 2.1 Speakers, G935 7.1 or G435 headset
MS LXM-00001 keyboard
Razer Deathadder Elite, XBOX One Lunar Shift controller

I've come a long way from my original Core2Duo E6750 build y'all! :supz:
Kougar
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Kougar »

stev wrote:Never had a damaged package shipped from the Egg before, but for some reason, the Egg has never beat 5-days getting stuff out to me. They have always been the slow ones over the years. Directron has been quicker.
Then you should play the lottery, as I can't recall anyone that hasn't had something broken due to UPS from Newegg. ;)

Either UPS (or the person working at Newegg placing items in the tub) managed to drop a motherboard I ordered. The corner of the motherboard was almost fully snapped off and hanging on by just a few traces, and had punched a hole in the side of the motherboard box from where it hit. I remember it clearly because I didn't enjoy having all the parts for my first computer build in three years sitting around because of a lack of a motherboard while I had to ship it back to them and wait for them to ship me another. I sadly lost the photos, but you wouldn't believe how much UPS compacted the boxes for the CPU and hard drives... the package the CPU box & ram was shipping in was compacted to half it's length and resembled an accordion. The only reason I still shop from Newegg is the prices, but I'll buy elsewhere if prices are close enough.
Core i7 920 @ 4.2GHz 1.36v
Gigabyte GA-X58-UD5
Under Water
vicaphit
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by vicaphit »

I had one issue with what looked like a pallet jack fork puncture in the side of a box once, but it didn't damage the OEM HDD inside. Also the large nail that almost pierced my case during shipping. These are just close calls though.
----
Andy

New Rig: Intel Q6600 (2.7ghz), ASUS P5KC, 4GB DDR2-800, Palit 9600GT (1GB), Ultra X3 1KW (thanks LR!), Vista 64bit
Dell Rig: AMD Athlon X2 4000+ (2.1ghz), 2 GB DDR2 Ram, MSI 8800GT (512MB), Vista 32bit

PSN: VICaphit
cardnyl
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by cardnyl »

ibleet wrote:Did anyone besides me notice a shipping change at Newegg?

My last 3 orders came in record slow time (roughly twice the Newegg usual). They were originally shipped DHL, but DHL hands the order off to the USPS and the postal carrier has been smashing (forcing) these packages into my mailbox and damaging them. I remember when all my Newegg orders came from UPS and they were lightning fast and never damaged. The shipping was one of the many reasons, if not the primary reason for selecting Newegg. Now I am not so sure and I am not a happy camper!

I think this new shipping method, which I don't recall from before is called EGGSAVER, but I may be wrong and it may not even relate to that.

Anyone else get anything from Newegg that came via DHL shipping?
Yes. As of late its been atrocious. I heard that DHL's domestic shipping went bankrupt. Every time I see one of my packages shipped in this way I know its just going to get handed off to USPS whose shipment tracking absolutely sucks. You'd think after all this time they would make some effort to improve it to the level that FedEx and UPS has but I guess not. It used to be that if you ordered something from newegg it arrived very much on time and sometimes even ahead of time (I've had this happen many times using their 3 day shipping). Now the best that I can hope for is that it doesn't arrive days later due to USPS.
jazbeagle
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by jazbeagle »

I ordered a case fan and it shipped out of NJ on Mar.25 via DHL and then USPS and it still has not been delivered. I've been buying from Newegg for years and have never had slow shipping like this. I will really look at shipping options next order. I've always have had UPS deliver from Newegg and it is always easy to track and super fast. If this is their new shipping rule it must be to stay afloat during these hard times. I can't imagine anyone liking this slow way of shipping and it will cost them in lost orders if they continue. I would hate to see them go under as they are my favorite online PC parts company.
Sporg
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Sporg »

Weird, I've had 3 orders from da egg in the past month. Two shipped via UPS and arrived within 3-4 days. The third order was shipped DHL to USPS and took 5 days. I haven't had any major delays yet - crossing fingers.
I would never die for my beliefs because I might be wrong.
~Bertrand Russell
ibleet
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by ibleet »

I highly doubt there is any chance that Newegg will go under. At most, we may see a few less products with "free shipping".

Whatever you do, do NOT choose "egg saver" as your shipping method and it should come via UPS ground, fast and in one piece.
InspectahACE
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by InspectahACE »

as ibleet pointed out , the only change I've noticed was some items are no longer free shipping. but in all honesty I have never had an issue with newegg. I just did my 4th order in less than 2 months with them without any hitches..only issues were the impatience I had for the stuff to arrive. On top of that, every time I've used the 3 day shipping it came within 2 days..They might like me more than some of you guys though :mrgreen: j/k..not sure..sucks either way that issues have arisen
i9-9900k | ASUS Maximus XI Hero | ASUS Strix RTX 2070 Super | 32GB G.Skill Trident RGB DDR4-3600 | Cooler Master ML360L AIO | Seagate Firecuda 510 1TB NVME SSD | Tt ToughPower RGB 850W PSU | Sound Blaster Z | LL PC-O11 Dynamic | ASUS Gladius II Mouse | ASUS Strix Scope RX| ASUS VG259QMM 24" 240hz monitor | Windows 11 Pro
InspectahACE
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by InspectahACE »

Ok I spoke too early, I just got my first beef with Newegg lol.. My V10 cooler is defecto so I chatted with them to see if an Advanced RMA could be done since it has not been past 10 days of having this along with having to remove every thing in the case to remove/install it.. I talked to 2 reps. One from yesterday and one today. Long story short, My exact question after explaining the issue was " Do you guys have some sort of Advanced Exchange policy?" and both times they replied were " What's your order number?"..never got a yes or a no.The first day I didn't have the number. Today I have it, they got the RMA set up, but then I asked when it will ship out & they said 3-5 days AFTER they received the defective part. I was not happy as I asked about the Advance RMA in the beginning of each chat and they ignored it basically. So newegg wasted my time(and patience). Luckily, Cooler Master was more than happy to do the Advanced RMA for me. I figured this was a type of shipping issue I could share. I know it's a long shot to get an advanced RMA on almost anything but with only 10 days of placing the order and it being defective from the get go I think it's fairly reasonable to ask for one and have no hassle
i9-9900k | ASUS Maximus XI Hero | ASUS Strix RTX 2070 Super | 32GB G.Skill Trident RGB DDR4-3600 | Cooler Master ML360L AIO | Seagate Firecuda 510 1TB NVME SSD | Tt ToughPower RGB 850W PSU | Sound Blaster Z | LL PC-O11 Dynamic | ASUS Gladius II Mouse | ASUS Strix Scope RX| ASUS VG259QMM 24" 240hz monitor | Windows 11 Pro
Darkstar
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Darkstar »

ibleet wrote:I highly doubt there is any chance that Newegg will go under. At most, we may see a few less products with "free shipping".

Whatever you do, do NOT choose "egg saver" as your shipping method and it should come via UPS ground, fast and in one piece.
i have never had a problem, except when they ship from the east coast warehouse and they do the East Coast Elusion Tour with my package. Todays shipment came pretty banged up, i'll inspect it all tomorrow.

but ibleet i think "UPS Ground, fast, and one piece" is a triple oxymoron :)

:drinkers:
Phenom II 1075T,Phenom II 1090T,Intel i7 870
Gigabyte 890XA-UD3
Evga GTX460
8 GB Corsair
Agility2 120GB SSD
Dual 24" Samsungs LCD's