Sound blaster problem

This is the place to discuss the latest computer hardware issues and technology. Please keep the discussion ON TOPIC!
BEan
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Sound blaster problem

Post by BEan »

I currently have a sound blaster LS. After a couple minutes of booting the card just quits on me. There would be no audio till I reboot. This is a fresh operating system (xp) that was just installed today. Im thinking that the card is overheating or there is a short somewhere on the card. What should I do?
Sasquatch
Legit User
Legit User

Post by Sasquatch »

There are a couple things to try, different/updated drivers or move the card to a different slot. A quick way to tell if it's the card or not would be to put the sound card in a different system and run it for a while.

Doesn't quite sound as bad a problem I had. I once had a Sound Blaster EX on which a capacitor or something actually caught on fire. Lucky it was still under warranty.
allenpan
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by allenpan »

therer is a conflict i/o in ur system, it happens some other device is using the same i/o.

solution? differnt pci slots, make sure the slots does nto share with mobo device, is someone say abut winxp/s share irq please do soem research b4 reply, and try this for size, put a pci scsi card in the pci where is share by Scsi, and tell me how it perform!

mobo manual should tell u what pci slots share by what device
Bit_Cloud
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by Bit_Cloud »

I hate Sound Blaster, it always messes up with too many games.