Does anyone have Soundwise or Cresyn Earphones?

This is the place to discuss the latest computer hardware issues and technology. Please keep the discussion ON TOPIC!
littleTed
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Does anyone have Soundwise or Cresyn Earphones?

Post by littleTed »

I was looking to get a new pair of earphones to replace my rather dog eaten Shures. I noticed on Amazon(UK) a pair of Soundwise A1. I had never heard of Soundwise but the specs look really amazing for the cash. So should I go for a unknow brand with impressive spec or spend more on a more famous brand, with lower spec and higher price? The same amazon seller also sells Cresyn earphones which I also had never heard of but they did seem to have more reviews all of which were very positive. So may choices is Shure SE310, Cresyn E730 or the Soundwise A1. Any help comments welcome.

Thanks
lukeqsee
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Re: Does anyone have Soundwise or Cresyn Earphones?

Post by lukeqsee »

I have the Shure SE110s and couldn't really ask for more from them. I've heard that the 310s are incredible; with their price point now, they are quite a good buy.

Also, at least personally, I'd stick with brand name on anything sound related, (headphones, speakers, etc.) because most of the time off-brands just don't sound good. Name brands like Bose, Sony, Shures, etc. have spent a lot of time making their brand what it is -- with the sound to prove it. I have gone name brand every time, and never been disappointed.

Just my two cents.

Luke
Athlon 64 X2 5600+ @ 3GHz - Asus M2N-E SLi - 4 GB Crucial DDR2-800 - MSI TT Geforce 8600 - Centurion 5 - 17" Samsung 713n LCD - CoolerMaster eXtreme Power 600w
littleTed
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Re: Does anyone have Soundwise or Cresyn Earphones?

Post by littleTed »

Thanks for your reply Luke.

I decided to try Amazons excellent customer service and buy 3 earphones to compare. I got
Klipsch Custom 1, Shure SE210s and Soundwise A1. All 3 of them are really good. I tried them over the weekend and with lots of different tracks. I then returned 2 off them to amazon for a refund. I had to pay postage back but its worth it . Amazon is really good about it. I did make sure they were returned clean and I resealed the box.

Out the box the Klipsch looked the best although all 3 look good. On listening all 3 sound great. I got my partner to swap them over while I kept my eyes closed. I must admit I got confused which one was which. I ended up going for the Soundwise because its sound quality is equal to the Shure and Klipsch but its smaller and fitted better in my ears. The Klipsch was uncomfortable for me and while Shure was ok it did feel like it was sticking out too much. The price did not really affect my decision, although I was happy to save a little cash.

I think everyone is a little different so it’s always worth trying yourself. Not sure about the rest of the world but in Europe its fine to try and then return for refund if you don’t like. I think I would have been ok with the shure although maybe not for running while I would have hated the Klipsch(although if they were comfy then I would have loved)