Mobo Install

This is the place to discuss the latest computer hardware issues and technology. Please keep the discussion ON TOPIC!
lostcoder
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Mobo Install

Post by lostcoder »

Starting to build my first system. If we put aside for now, all extra features in a BIOS, should the system boot with no changes to the BIOS.

Thanks

Lostcoder
hercules71185
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Mobo Install

Post by hercules71185 »

Yes, if you put it together and the motherboard beeps instead of starts it's telling you something.
ibleet
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by ibleet »

Welcome to the forums!

Yes, as long as all your components are compatible and correctly installed, the system should start up with no changes to the BIOS.
Graogrim
Legit User
Legit User

Post by Graogrim »

It's possible that you could see some issues if you have an exotic storage setup, but if you're just using a regular hard drive without any fanciness the stock settings should be fine.
hercules71185
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by hercules71185 »

whenever I get a motherboard, I throw in my ole faithful 256mb of ddr2 667 that I know works, plug it up to my psu, put my old lil 40gb hard drive on it, and then turn it on. if it loads windows it's good. It's the fastest easiest way to find the problem if you are working on a computer that won't boot. If they don't work, then I know it's cpu or motherboard.
slugbug
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by slugbug »

I usually start with the motherboard out of the case until I see if everything works before installing in a case.