Sony VAIO W Netbook?

This is the place to discuss the latest computer hardware issues and technology. Please keep the discussion ON TOPIC!
vitadellajan
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Sony VAIO W Netbook?

Post by vitadellajan »

I want to get a netbook for my work and would like to surf on the internet when I'm on public transports, but I don't know much about netbooks, I wonder if you guys could have any recommendations to me please? Which one should I choose? Sony? Samsung? Fujitsu? And where can I buy it for a good price?
Tech_Greek
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Sony VAIO W Netbook?

Post by Tech_Greek »

I've used ALL of them and in the end, I hated all of them...

I just couldn't get used to the smaller keyboard and 99% of them have a crappy touchpad with integrated buttons.

If I had to choose ONE though I really liked the Dell and HP bigger Netbooks, not the smallest ones because of the touchpad and buttons were OK.
Illuminati
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Illuminati »

Take a look at our Mobile Articles: http://www.legitreviews.com/articles/mobile/

To narrow down the search for ya, here are the netbook articles LR has done to date:
ASUS EEE PC 1000HA Netbook Review -- Wed, Nov 12, 2008
ASUS N10Jc-A1 Netbook Review - Atom N270 -- Mon, Feb 23, 2009
ASUS Eee PC 1008HA Netbook Pictured -- Tue, Mar 03, 2009
OCZ Neutrino 10" DIY Atom Netbook Review -- Tue, May 26, 2009
MSI Wind U100-641US 10-inch Netbook Review -- Mon, Jun 29, 2009
MSI Wind U100 Netbook Overclocking Guide -- Wed, Jul 01, 2009
ASUS Eee PC 1005HA Seashell Netbook Review -- Mon, Jul 20, 2009
Windows 7 versus Windows XP on the ASUS Eee PC 1005HA Netbook -- Tue, Jul 28, 2009

MSI X340 Slim Core 2 Solo Notebook Review -- Mon, Sep 28, 2009

While the last one is not a netbook, I just wanted to throw it out there as a low-power 13" solution in case you end up wanting something with a bigger than 10" screen. But of the netbooks I reviewed, I liked the ASUS Eee 1005HA the best. Long battery life and multi-touch touchpad.

Hopefully some other readers would be able to comment on the brands you mentioned like Sony, Samsung or Fujitsu. The best prices can be found online and you can use the shopping link above to find the best online price.
Justin West
Server Admin & Forum Moderator
Follow me on Twitter | Find us on Facebook
nightblood
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by nightblood »

I like the Acer notebooks because they have a full size keyboard with numpad.
febsampen
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by febsampen »

Personally, I like Sony the most, go get it and compare the price here: http://shopping.yahoo.com/s:Laptops:156 ... Brand=sony
Or, if you believe your luck, you can consider join the Lucky Draw competition and get the Sony W netbook here for totally FREE: http://www.dsstyles.com/
ibleet
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by ibleet »

Dell actually makes a decent mini 10 netbook that sells for $299.99 you can check out.
ampmarfly
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by ampmarfly »

Dell is ok, but i prefer Sony and I've just read a review from gizmodo.com and find a review on a very nice and elegant iPhone case there by dsstyles.com, they seem to have a xmas lucky draw promotion there too.